|Alabama House of Representatives District 77|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||21|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Alabama State University|
|Profession||Special Assistant to the President, Alabama State University|
Knight currently works as Special Assistant to the President of Alabama State University, and previously worked as Assistant Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
He is on the Board of Directors of a number of organizations, including the Cleveland Avenue Young Men's Christian Association, Family Sunshine Center, Kershaw Young Men's Christian Association, Montgomery Improvement Association, Retired Senior Volunteer Program, and Southern Development Council, Incorporated.
Knight served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Contract Review Oversight Committee, Alabama State Legislature
- Health Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Health Care Costs
- Montgomery County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Ways and Means General Fund Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Appropriations
Knight won re-election to the 77th District Seat in 2010. He had no opposition.
Knight raised $216,351 for his campaign.
In 2010, Knight raised $218,638 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Education Association||$10,000|
|Alabama State Employees Association||$8,500|
|Alabama Road Builders Association||$7,500|
In 2006, Knight collected $216,351 in donations.
Below are Knight's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|AL State Employees Assoc||$27,728|
|AL Education Assoc||$10,000|
|AL Nursing Home Assoc||$8,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "John + Knight + Alabama + House"
- Legislature gives final approval to Medicaid overhaul (updated) - al.com (blog)
- Holiday for Vietnam veterans proposed in Alabama House - The Piedmont Journal
- Alabama grocery tax repeal likely dead again - Montgomery Advertiser
- Troup schools honor retirees for 2012-2013 school year - LaGrange Daily News
- Thirty-seven Ouachita students named to Who's Who - Ouachita Baptist University News
- Bill on Alabama double dipping exemptions dies - News Courier
- Women rescued in Cleveland happy to be home - WVTM-TV: News, Weather ... - Alabama's13.com
- Summer Concerts at Other Venues - Detroit Free Press
- CNN Washington AM Note - CNN (blog)
- Police: Ohio captive suffered 5 miscarriages - WVTM-TV: News, Weather, and ... - Alabama's13.com
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Knight has two children.
- Alabama Legislature - John Knight
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
|Alabama House District 77
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|
Public Records Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |