|Massachusetts House Tenth Middlesex District|
|2011 - present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||May 10, 2011 special election|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Small business owner|
Lawn served as a District Councilor.
Lawn earned a degree in Political Science and Sociology from Merrimack College. His professional experience includes working as the owner of Charles River Real Estate.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Lawn served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Financial Services Joint|
|• Housing Joint|
|• Public Service Joint, Vice-chair|
Lawn's 2011 special election campaign site highlighted the following campaign themes:
- John's Approach to Solving Problems: "As your State Representative, my door will always be open to you. I will meet regularly in the community to hear your concerns. I will never forget that the role of our government is to provide a quality of life that works for everyone - a common sense approach for the common good."
- For Our Kids: "For me, making sure our schools are the best is more than campaign rhetoric; it's personal. When I look at my five children, I see the impact good schools have in shaping the lives of our kids. Growing up in our neighborhoods, I want the next generation to have every opportunity possible, and I that begins with the best education we can give them."
- For Our Seniors: "My parents raised me in this community, a community we call home. Now my mother faces new challenges as she enters her golden years. It is up to me to be there for her as she was there for me. All our seniors deserve the support and security to remain in their homes during their golden years. We owe it to them."
- For Main Street & A Stronger Economy: "Most small business owners I've met tell me they feel like all the attention goes to 'Big Business', whether it's downtown Boston or on Wall Street. Not enough support is given to the local businesses who contribute to our community. Job creation, stability and future economic growth for the local business must become a priority. As your next State Rep, I will work with the local business owners to help our neighborhoods grow and prosper."
Elections for the office of Massachusetts House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on September 9, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent John Lawn is unopposed in the Democratic primary.
Lawn won re-election in the 2012 election for Massachusetts House of Representatives Tenth Middlesex District. Lawn was unopposed in the September 6 Democratic primary and defeated Francis Xavier Stanton, III (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Tenth Middlesex District, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||John Lawn Incumbent||76%||10,479|
|Republican||Francis Stanton, III||24%||3,310|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Massachusetts Fiscal Alliance: 2013-2014 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on bills of interest to an organization advocating economically conservative policy.
- Massachusetts League of Environmental Voters: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on environmental issues.
- Associated Industries of Massachusetts: 2011-2012 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on bills of interest to an organization of employers.
- Mass Audubon: 2011-2012 Report Card
- Legislators are scored on environmental issues.
- Massachusetts Public Interest Research Group 2011-2012 Public Interest Research Group
- Legislators are scored on votes on issues including health care costs, consumer protection, recycling, transportation and democracy.
Lawn and his wife, Shannon, have five children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term John + Lawn + Massachusetts + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Massachusetts House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Massachusetts state legislative districts
- Massachusetts State Legislature
- John Lawn campaign site, "Who is John Lawn," accessed May 5, 2011
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2012 State Primary Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 6, 2012," accessed February 13, 2014
- Boston, "Watertown councilor advances in district race," April 13, 2011
- Boston.com, "Lawn wins in 10th Middlesex election," May 10, 2011
Peter Koutoujian (D)
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Middlesex 10
2011 - present
| Succeeded by|
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |