|Rhode Island State Senate District 15|
|Bachelor's||University of Rhode Island|
McBurney earned his B.A. from the University of Rhode Island in 1972 and his J.D. from Suffolk University in 1977. His professional experience includes working as an attorney as well as president of McBurney Law Services, Incorporated.
While a member of the Rhode Island State Senate, McBurney served on the following committees:
McBurney did not run for re-election.
McBurney raised $40,908 during the 2008 election cycle.
His major contributors are listed below.
|Rhode Island Laborers||$1,000|
|John McBurney, Jr.||$1,000|
|Senate Democrats 2006 of Rhode Island||$1,000|
|Rhode Island Troopers Association||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "John + McBurney + Rhode + Island + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
McBurney and his wife Cheryle have seven children.
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996, 1994
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of John McBurney," accessed November 24, 2014
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2010 Statewide General Election Results," accessed June 6, 2014
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2008 Statewide General Election Results," accessed June 6, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions to John McBurney," accessed November 24, 2014
|Rhode Island State Senate District 15
| Succeeded by|
Donna Nesselbush (D)