|California State Assembly District 71|
|High school||La Serna High School|
McLaughlin's professional experience includes working as the owner of a small business, Business Development Director in a start-up, and Engineering VP in a medium-sized business, WET Design. He earned a degree in Physics from Whittier College and a degree in Engineering from Stanford University.
McLaughlin's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- "Reform public employee pensions to eliminate "spiking," "double-dipping" and disability retirement abuse."
- "Place a lifetime cap on pension benefits to public employees."
- "Cap budget increases to inflation plus population growth."
- "Work to consolidate or eliminate state agencies."
- "Stop the realignment of prisoners from prisons to county jails, resulting in the early release of inmates."
- "In budget battles, support police and firefighters first"
- "Seek reimbursement from the Federal government for costs associated with its failure to protect the borders."
- "Create tax credits for companies that invest in California facilities."
- "Revise the Workers' Compensation system to reduce costs and eliminate fraud."
- "Reduce regulations and the costs of compliance."
- "More money in the classroom, not in the administration office"
- "Support teachers with more freedom to choose curriculum at the local level"
- ""No Child Left Behind" is leaving our children behind. Teaching to the test narrows the educational experience of our children."
- "Provide student vouchers for private schools and homeschools."
|California State Assembly, District 71 Blanket Primary, 2012|
|Republican||Brian Jones Incumbent||46.7%||36,424|
McLaughlin and his wife, Jennifer, have seven children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "John + McLaughlin + California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.