|Governor of Arizona|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Arizona State University (1983)|
|J.D.||Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law, Arizona State University (2005)|
|M.D.||University of Arizona (1990)|
|Service/branch||United States Navy|
|Years of service||4 years|
Molina is a lifelong resident of Arizona. He is of Apache, Pasqua Yaqui and Mexican descent. He is a graduate from Arizona State University, University of Arizona, College of Medicine and the Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law, Arizona State University. He also served in the United States Navy from 1974-1978.
Molina's academic interests focus on Indian healthcare law and policy, healthcare disparities and patient centered medicine. He has also published numerous medical articles discussing the integration of culture and medicine.
His specialty training is in Obstetrics and Gynecology. Molina founded the Las Fuentes Health Clinic in 1995 and worked there until 2009. He also worked as the medical director of Arizona Healthcare Cost Containment System from 2004 to 2010. In 2010, he became the chief executive officer of Phoenix Medical Indian Center. He resigned from his position in June 2013 to pursue public office.
Molina has listed affiliation with the following organizations:
- National Board of Medical Examiners, Diplomat
- Arizona Medical Board (License #20789)
- Arizona Maricopa County Medical Association, Member
- Association of American Indian Physicians, Member
- Los Abogados, Latino Lawyers of Arizona, Member
- University of Arizona College of Medicine, Adjunct Professor of Medicine
- B.A. in psychology - Arizona State University (1983)
- M.D. - University of Arizona, College of Medicine (1990)
- J.D. - Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law, Arizona State University (2005)
- Honorary Doctor of Humane Letters - A.T. Still University of Health Sciences (2006)
- See also: Arizona gubernatorial election, 2014
Molina is considering a run for election to the office of Governor of Arizona. If he decides to run, he will be seeking the Republican nomination in the primary election on August 26, 2014. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
Molina listed the following issues in his biographical submission to Ballotpedia.
- Free economy
- Less government regulation
- Lower taxes
- Social issues: "In my opinion social issues such as gay marriage, abortion, and religious principals should not be part of a political debate, for these are civil rights brought forth under the constitution as the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "John + Molina + Arizona + Governor'"
- All stories may not be relevant to this candidate due to the nature of the search engine.
- Governor of Arizona
- Arizona gubernatorial election, 2014
- Arizona state executive official elections, 2014
- Jan Brewer, Current Governor of Arizona
- Attorney General of Arizona
- Arizona Attorney General election, 2010
- Facebook: "About," accessed October 27, 2013
- Information submitted on Ballotpedia’s biographical information submission form on October 24, 2013
- Arizona Public Media: "Republican Candidates for AZ Governor Meeting Thursday," October 3, 2013