|John O. Matson|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Rhode Island, District 2|
|High school||Chariho High School|
|Birthday||February 2, 2012|
|Place of birth||Westerly, Rhode Island|
|Profession||Small business owner|
John Matson's position includes his "...commitment and belief that we must not quit, that we keep on fighting and striving for our Senior Citizens and the promises made to them, for the working people who see their jobs sent overseas, and to safe-guard the future for our Children and Grandchildren." As well as his belief that "Government has to encourage the growth and development of business...a more common sense approach to regulations, providing tax incentives for small business, and, most importantly, by moving the banks to help unfreeze residential real estate, to encourage small business and to support commercial lending."
Matson ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Rhode Island's 2nd District. Matson sought the nomination on the Democratic ticket. The signature filing deadline for candidates wishing to run was June 27, 2012. Matson faced incumbent Rep. James R. Langevin in the September 11, 2012, Democratic primary, Matson lost the election.
|U.S. House, Rhode Island District 2 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|James Langevin Incumbent||74.1%||22,161|
|John Matson (2012) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 18, 2012||$0||$50,004.04||$(2,094.99)||$47,909.05|
|July Quarterly||July 17, 2012||$47,909.05||$0||$(1,012.17)||$46,896.88|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "John + Matson + Rhode Island + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- sos.ri.gov, "Candidates for Representative In Congress District," accessed July 2, 2012
- John O Matson, Mission Statement," accessed August 28, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "John Matson's 2012 Summary reports," accessed August 30, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "John Matson's April Quarterly report," accessed August 30, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "John Matson's July Quarterly report," accessed August 30, 2012