|Ohio House of Representatives District 99|
|January 1, 2013 - present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Ph.D.||Kent State University|
|Birthday||July 7th 1956|
Patterson earned his bachelor's degree from Marietta College, his master's degree in Political Science from Ohio University and his Ph.D. in Education from Kent State University. He taught history at Jefferson Area High School for 29 years prior to his retirement in June 2012.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Patterson served on the following committees:
|Ohio Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources|
|• Manufacturing and Workforce Development|
Elections for the office of Ohio House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 5, 2014. Incumbent John Patterson was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Nancy McArthur was unopposed in the Republican primary. Patterson and McArthur will face off in the general election.
Patterson won election in the 2012 election for Ohio House, District 99. Patterson was unopposed in the March 6 Democratic primary election and defeated incumbent Casey Kozlowski (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 99, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Casey Kozlowski Incumbent||47%||22,395|
Comprehensive donor information for Patterson is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Patterson raised a total of $354,292 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 5, 2013.
|John Patterson's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Ohio State House, District 99||$354,292|
|Grand Total Raised||$354,292|
2012Patterson won election to the Ohio State House in 2012. During that election cycle, Patterson raised a total of $354,292.
|Ohio State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to John Patterson's campaign in 2012|
|Ohio Democratic Party||$196,076|
|House Democratic Caucus Fund of Ohio||$31,906|
|Ohio Education Association||$21,466|
|Contributions of $25 or Less||$12,847|
|Ohio State Association of Plumbers & Pipefitters||$11,395|
|Total Raised in 2012||$354,292|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Patterson and his wife, Nancy, have two children. They currently reside in Jefferson, Ohio.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Patterson + Ohio + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ohio House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Ohio General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Ohio state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the Ohio House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Follow the Money
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Official primary election results for May 6, 2014," accessed July 3, 2014
- Ohio Chamber of Commerce, "2012 General Assembly Primary Candidates," January 17, 2012
- Ohio Secretary of State, "2012 Republican Primary Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "2012 Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Ohio official results for 2012 General Election," accessed June 10, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Patterson, John," accessed June 5, 2013
- Pattersonforohio.com, "Bio," accessed September 28, 2012
Casey Kozlowski (R)
|Ohio House of Representatives - District 99
| Succeeded by|
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |