|Minnesota State Senate District 14|
|2011 - present|
|January 3, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
|Master's||Cardinal Stritch University|
|Profession||Part-Owner, Amcon Block & Precast Inc.|
Pederson is part owner of Amcon Block & Precast, Inc. He is also a part-time instructor at St. Cloud Technical College, teaching Customized Training. He is also an adjunct instructor at Rasmussen College, and a part time instructor of Human Relations for Dale Carnegie.
Pederson receieved his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Biblical Studies from Northwestern College, and his Masters in Business Administration from Cardinal Stritch University in Milwaukee, WI.
Pederson's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"First, we need to ask our legislators to hold spending increases to the current rate of inflation and population growth and live within our means."
- Excerpt:"Second, we need a state government to have a balanced budget to eliminate the uncertainty that people have about taking risks on their creative ideas and expand new or current businesses in our current economy."
- Excerpt:"Third, we need an equal playing field for the small businesses that compete throughout the Midwest. If the costs of doing business in Minnesota are higher than surrounding states then our good jobs will move to other states."
- Excerpt:"That is nearly double digit growth every year with single digit growth in the private sector economy. Can you imagine if Minnesota families like yours and mine allowed our expenses to increase in this manner (10-15%) when our increases in wages are 3-5%?"
- Excerpt:"The state legislature needs to work to develop a funding formula that takes away the conflicts between the Boards of Education (taxpayer representatives) and our education workforce (teachers and staff)."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Pederson served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Capital Investment|
|• Transportation and Public Safety|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Pederson served on these committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Capital Investment, Vice-chair|
|• Environment and Natural Resources|
|• Higher Education|
|• Jobs and Economic Growth|
|• Local Government and Elections|
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2012
|Minnesota State Senate, District 14, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||John Pederson Incumbent||52.6%||19,351|
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2010
|Minnesota State Senate, District 15 (2010)|
|John Pederson (R)||13495||50.78%|
|Bruce Hentges (DFL)||13035||49.05%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Pederson raised $60,823 in contributions. 
His three largest contributors were:
|6th Congressional District RPM||$2,000|
|15th Senate District RPM||$1,450|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term John + Pederson + Minnesota + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Pederson files with FEC for 6th District race - St. Cloud Times
- GOP state senator in Minnesota race for Bachmann seat - Grand Forks Herald
- Poll: Americans view GOP in less favorable light than Democratic Party - Washington Post (blog)
- Pederson to seek Congressional seat - Sherburne County Citizen
- Pederson committee will look at 6th District run - St. Cloud Times
- Another Republican Is Running for Bachmann's Seat #MN06 - Roll Call
- Republicans jump into congressional races - Politics in Minnesota
- Former Minnesota Senate Majority Leader Amy Koch. - Minneapolis Star Tribune
- Senate Legacy funds debate turns rural-urban - Alexandria Echo Press
- Who's Running in MN's 6th Congressional District? - KSTP.com
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Pederson and his wife have three children.
- Campaign site
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
Michelle Fischbach (R)
|Minnesota State Senate District 14
| Succeeded by|
Tarryl Clark (DFL)
|Minnesota State Senate District 15
| Succeeded by|
Dave Brown (R)