|Maine House of Representatives, District 108|
|December 3, 2014 - present|
|December 6, 2016|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Maine House of Representatives, District 84|
|2010 - 2012|
Picchiotti is a former Republican member of the Maine House of Representatives, representing District 84 from 2010 to 2012. Picchiotti ran in the 2012 election for Maine House of Representatives District 84.
Picchiotti is retired. He is a U.S. Navy Veteran, and achieved the rank of CT3. He has worked as a Media Consultant, ISP Manager, Human Resources Director, Insurance Agent and small business owner.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Picchiotti served on the following committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Insurance and Financial Services|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Picchiotti served on the following committees:
Elections for the office of Maine House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for party candidates wishing to run in this election was March 17, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the primary election was April 28, 2014, and the deadline for non-party candidates to run in the general election was June 2, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the general election was September 22, 2014. District 84 incumbent Karen Kusiak was unopposed in the Democratic primary. John Picchiotti was unopposed in the Republican primary. Picchiotti defeated Kusiak in the general election.
|Maine House of Representatives District 108, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Karen Kusiak Incumbent||46.3%||1,707|
Picchiotti ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Maine House of Representatives District 84. Picchiotti ran unopposed in the June 12 Republican primary and was defeated by Karen Kusiak (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Maine House of Representatives, District 84, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||John Picchiotti Incumbent||46.7%||1,977|
Picchiotti's opponents in the November 2 general election were Democratic candidate Robert Sezak, Un-enrolled candidate Paul Tessier, and Independent candidate Aaron Rowden. According to official results, Picchiotti defeated Sezak, Tessier and Rowden in the November 2 general election. Democratic incumbent Edward Finch was not eligible for re-election under Maine's term limits.
|Maine House of Representatives General Election, District 84 (2010)|
|John Picchiotti (R)||1,616||43%|
|Robert Sezak (D)||1,278||34%|
|Paul Tessier (Unenrolled)||457||12%|
|Aaron Rowden (Common Sense)||275||7%|
In 2010, Picchiotti raised $8,054 in contributions.
His top contributor was the Public Fund, which donated $7,954 to his campaign.
Picchiotti and his wife Carol have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term John + Picchiotti + Maine + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maine House of Representatives
- Maine House of Representatives District 108
- Maine House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Maine State Legislature
- Maine House of Representatives - Representative John Joseph Picchiotti
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- John Picchiotti on Facebook
- John Pichiotti on Twitter
- John Picchiotti on LinkedIn
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Primary Candidates," accessed May 8, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Non-Party Candidates," accessed June 2, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Primary Election - June 10, 2014," accessed December 5, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "General Election - November 4, 2014," accessed December 5, 2014
- Maine Secretary of State, "2012 Candidate List," accessed May 14, 2012
- Maine Secretary of State, "Tabulations for Elections held in 2012," accessed March 19, 2014
- Maine Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Official 2010 Election Results," accessed February 18, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
|Maine House of Representatives District 108
| Succeeded by|
Edward Finch (D)
|Maine House of Representatives District 84
| Succeeded by|
Karen Kusiak (D)
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |