John Cox (Alaska)
|U.S. House, Alaska, At-Large|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||August 19, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Years of service||1976-2006|
|Birthday||October 11, 1957|
|Place of birth||Colon, Panama|
|Profession||President, Anchor Point, AK, Chamber of Commerce, Business Owner|
Cox served in the U.S. Navy for 30 years. He is a professional locksmith and the owner of Smokin', a fine cigar and loose tobacco store. Cox is also the President of the Anchor Point Chamber of Commerce and current Chairman of Homer Friends of the NRA.
Cox's campaign website lists the following issues:
—John Cox's campaign website, http://www.johnrcoxforcongress.com/platform/
Cox is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Alaska's At-Large District. Cox is seeking the Republican nomination in the primary on August 19, 2014. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
Cox has three children and two grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Cox + Alaska + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Alaska's At-Large Congressional District elections, 2014
- Alaska's At-Large Congressional District
- John R. Cox Official Campaign Website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- John R. Cox Campaign Facebook Page
- State of Alaska Division of Elections, "August 19, 2014 Primary Candidate List," accessed June 2, 2014
- Campaign website, "About Me," accessed June 12, 2014
- Campaign website, "Platform," accessed June 12, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Primary candidate list," accessed September 3, 2012
- Associated Press, "Primary results," August 28, 2012
- John Cox for Congress, "About Me," accessed December 31, 2011