John R. Lawson
|John R. Lawson|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Illinois House of Representatives District 56|
|High school||St. Viator High School|
|Master's||Criminal/Social Justice, Lewis University|
|Profession||Schaumburg Township Assessor|
Lawson earned his BA from Lewis University. He went on to receive his MS in Criminal/Social Justice from Lewis University. He is a former police officer and has also worked as detective commander for the Roselle Police Department. Lawson has also served as assessor for Schaumburg Township since 2004.
Lawson's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Voters are rightfully frustrated with government at every level that spends, taxes, and borrows too much, while making too many promises. To address these concerns, we must ensure that the state budget is frugal, realistic and results-oriented. Each tax dollar MUST be accounted for. "
- Economic Development
- Excerpt: "The lingering economic downturn has dramatically affected both businesses and citizens in Illinois. As an advocates for our district, we must do more to ensure that prosperity returns."
- Illinois Homeland Security and Law Enforcement
- Excerpt: "The Illinois Terrorism Task Force was created in May 2000. The purpose of the Task Force was to further Illinois’ disaster preparation efforts to specifically address the State’s role in emergency preparedness and to coordinate the response to WMD events."
- Excerpt: "Our roads are the vital connection for people throughout the state. They drive our economy and provide us access to agricultural markets, higher education, and health care. "
- Education Funding
- Excerpt: "A recent Rutgers University study gave Illinois an “F” in public education funding. High local property taxes are funding the wealthiest school districts in Illinois."
Lawson ran in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 56. Lawson was unopposed in the Republican primary on March 20, 2012, and was defeated by incumbent Michelle Mussman in the November 6 general election.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 56, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Michelle Mussman Incumbent||59.9%||24,138|
|Republican||John R. Lawson||40.1%||16,164|
Lawson and his wife, Laura, have two children.
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |
Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts A - L |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts M - Z |