|Vermont State Senate Essex-Orleans District|
|January 9, 2013 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Per diem||$162/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Vermont House Of Representatives Orleans-Caledonia 1|
|Associate's||New Hampshire Vocational Technical College, 1985|
|Birthday||July 29, 1965|
|Place of birth||St. Albans, VT|
Rodgers joined the Vermont State House of Representatives in 2009. He has served in that position since, representing the Orleans-Caledonia-1 District.
Rodgers is a Stone Mason.
Rodgers received his Associate's Degree from New Hampshire Vocational Technical College in 1985.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Rodgers served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Natural Resources and Energy|
Rodgers's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "in its many forms, from large to small/dairy, beef, animal, tree, fruit, vegetable and all other"
- Excerpt: "especially small business which provides so many jobs around the state. I believe we need to encourage start ups that plan to provide employment especially manufacturers of durable goods"
- Excerpt: "I grew up on a farm that took in guest for farm vacations, a business that my grandmother started in the 1960s. Though some discount tourism as a low income employer, I know better. Tourism drives many different businesses and provides a broad range of employment. It also brings in a huge amount of money for the state."
- Excerpt: "Quality public education for our children and for our future."
- Health care
- Excerpt: "affordable healthcare for all Vermonters"
- See also: Vermont State Senate elections, 2012
Rodgers won re-election in the 2012 election for Vermont State Senate Essex-Orleans District. Rodgers advanced past the August 28 Democratic primary and won re-election in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Vermont State Senate, Essex-Orleans District Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Robert Starr Incumbent||41%||976|
Rodgers ran for re-election to the Orleans-Caledonia 1 District in 2010. He ran against Sam Young (D), Linda Johnson (R), Vicki Strong (R), and Nancy Potak (P) in the general election on November 2, 2010. According to unofficial results Rodgers lost, but as of November 15 a recount is pending.
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Rodgers and his wife, Brenda Brown, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "John + Rodgers + Vermont + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Preliminary approval of Senate tax bill paves way for amendments on the floor ... - vtdigger.org
- Vt. Legislature's push to address concerns about wind power projects sputters ... - vtdigger.org
- End of session will see House vs. Senate showdown on tax bill - BurlingtonFreePress.com
- Sunday Breakfast Menu, May 12 - New York Times (blog)
- Scott Walker's rent-to-own budget provision brings strong reaction - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- News Briefs - Valley Advocate
- Van Ness Feldman
- Van Ness Feldman
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Campaign website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- Facebook page
- Twitter feed
|Vermont House of Representatives Orleans-Caledonia 1
| Succeeded by|