For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
John S. Brown
|John S. Brown|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Alaska House of Representatives, District 10|
|High school||Cascade Senior High School|
Brown was a candidate for the Alaska House of Representatives in 2008, but was not elected.
Brown received his diploma from Cascade Senior High School in 1974. He has worked as superintendent for Heavy Highway Projects, as rig oiler for a construction field, and as field representative for Local 302.
|Alaska House of Representatives District 10 General Election (2010)|
|Steve M. Thompson (R)||2,099|
|John S. Brown (D)||1,229|
Brown's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "The up and down cost of energy has hurt families and businesses in Fairbanks for decades. There is no reason with the energy resoures Alaska has for this to be the case."
- Excerpt: "Low graduation rates have plagued us for too long. We must work with our teachers and schools to bring up those graduation rates, with respect to Alaska’s unique educational challenges and without the burden of poorly conceived federal requirements like “No Child Left Behind”."
- Excerpt: "Honest government means doing what’s right, even when no one is watching. We must restore the trust that has been lost in our elected leaders. Decisions shouldn’t be made behind closed doors."
Brown and his wife, Kelly, have two children.
- John Brown's campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- List of primary candidates in Alaska
The Internet Archive's Wayback Machine was used to recall this version of the website from October 22, 2010.