John Stevens (Tennessee)
|Tennessee State Senate District 24|
|November 8, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$188/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Bachelor's||University of Tennessee at Martin|
|J.D.||University of Memphis|
Stevens received a B.S. in Political Science from the University of Tennessee at Martin. He later received a J.D. from the University of Memphis.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Stevens served on the following committees:
|Tennessee Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Government Operations|
|• State & Local Government|
|• Government Operations|
- See also: Tennessee State Senate elections, 2012
Stevens won election in the 2012 election for Tennessee State Senate District 24. Stevens defeated Danny C. Jowers in the August 2 Republican primary and defeated Brad Thompson (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Tennessee State Senate, District 24, General Election, 2012|
|Tennessee State Senate, District 24 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Stevens is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Stevens raised a total of $361,482 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 20, 2013.
|John Stevens's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Tennessee State Senate, District 24||$361,482|
|Grand Total Raised||$361,482|
2012Stevens won election to the Tennessee State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Stevens raised a total of $361,482.
|Tennessee State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to John Stevens's campaign in 2012|
|Senate Republican Caucus||$77,657|
|Red State PAC||$10,700|
|Total Raised in 2012||$361,482|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Stevens and his wife, Elicia, have two daughters. They currently reside in Huntingdon, Tennessee.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "John + Stevens + Tennessee + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Tennessee State Legislature
- Tennessee State Senate
- Tennessee State Senate Committees
- Tennessee Joint Committees
- Tennessee state legislative districts
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Campaign Contributions from Follow the Money: 2012
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Tennessee Department of State - Elections, "List of 2012 Candidates," accessed July 5, 2012
- Associated Press, "Tennessee - Summary Vote Results," accessed August 2, 2012
- Tennessee Department of State, "Election Results," accessed April 18, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Stevens, John," accessed June 20, 2013
- facebook.com/JohnStevensForStateSenate/info, "About," accessed July 27, 2012
Roy Herron (D)
|Tennessee Senate District 24
| Succeeded by|