John W. Lua
|John W. Lua|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Superior Court of Kern County, California|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger|
|Preceded by:||Gary A. Ingle|
|Past post:||Deputy district attorney, Kern County District Attorney's Office|
|Undergraduate:||University of California, Santa Barbara|
|Law School:||Whittier Law School|
|Candidate for:||Kern County Superior Court|
John W. Lua is a judge for the Superior Court of Kern County in California. He was appointed on April 8, 2010 by former governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to succeed Gary A. Ingle. Lua's current term will expire in January 2019.
- 2012-2019: Judge, Superior Court of Kern County
- 1999-2012: Deputy district attorney, Kern County District Attorney's Office
Lua ran for re-election to the superior court in 2012. As an unopposed incumbent, his name did not appear on the ballot. After the primary election, Lua was automatically re-elected.
- See also: California judicial elections, 2012'
- Website of the Superior Court of Kern County
- California Courts, Trial Court Roster
- BakersfieldCalifornian.com, "Prosecutor of high-profile cases becomes judge," April 9, 2010
- IMPLU.com, "Gov. Schwarzenegger Appints John Lua to Kern County Superior Court," April 9, 2010
- California Courts, "Trial Courts Roster"
- California Newswire, "Ca. Gov. Schwarzenegger Superior Court Appointments for 4.08.10," April 8, 2010
- Kern County Registrar of Voters, Candidate Handbookscroll to page 18