John W. Sharon
|New York State Assembly, District 128|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|J.D.||Syracuse University College of Law|
|Profession||Senior Deputy County Attorney, Onondaga County|
Sharon has stated, "For too long, Albany has taxed and spent, and placed the interest of the connected few ahead of the interest of the hard-working taxpayers. Instead of looking for real, sustainable solutions to fix the budget busting cost of medicaid and other mandates, Albany politicials have chose to to kick the can down the road and leave our children with a bankrupt future.
I will strive to solve the problems we face. All too often, when leaders of the State Assembly make decisions, they are more concerned with their next election. With your support in November, I assure you I will take your trust to Albany and give voice to your concerns and propose the necessary solutions no matter what political price I have to pay."
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for the office of New York State Assembly will consist of a primary election on September 9, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 10, 2014. Incumbent Sam Roberts is unopposed in the Democratic primary, while John W. Sharon is unopposed in the Republican primary. Roberts is running on the Working Families Party ticket and Sharon is running on the Conservative Party and Independence Party of New York State tickets.
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Sharon ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 128. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on September 13, 2012. He also ran on the Independence Party of New York State ticket. He was defeated by district 119 incumbent Sam Roberts in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New York State Assembly, District 128, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Sam Roberts Incumbent||65%||32,898|
|Republican||John W. Sharon||35%||17,703|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Sharon + New + York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York State Assembly
- New York State Assembly District 128
- New York State Assembly elections, 2014
- New York State Legislature
- [Bio submission to Ballotpedia]
- New York Board of Elections, "Candidate Petition List," accessed August 8, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Candidate List for the September 13, 2012, State Primary Election," accessed July 31, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Official September 13, 2012, Primary Results," accessed July 31, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Official Assembly Election Returns Nov. 6, 2012," accessed July 31, 2014
- New York Times, "NY state legislative election results," accessed February 11, 2014
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |