|New Jersey General Assembly District 21|
|2003 - Present|
|Years in position||10|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next election||November 5, 2013|
|J.D.||Hofstra University School of Law, 1978|
Bramnick, who received his JD from the Hofstra University School of Law is an attorney with Bramnick, Rodriguez, Mitterhoff, Grabas & Woodruff.
- A221 Establishes campaign advertising ethics committee; imposes penalties for making false, deceptive, misleading or fraudulent statements about candidates for public office.
- A222 Expands duties of State Auditor to include performance audits at request of legislator; establishes Performance Audit Committee, consisting of eight public members, to help conduct performance audits.
- A1250 The "Consumer Telephone Records Protection Act of 2008."
- A1709 Creates commission to study effectiveness of county government; appropriates $95,000
Bramnick's official website lists the three main lessons he follows for government:
- 1. If You Can’t Afford it, Don’t Buy it - "voters should have to approve all state borrowing"
- 2. Honesty is the Best Policy - ethics reform, "government should be transparent and the people should have their voices heard"
- 3. Hard Work- No Short Cuts - "The government has grown too big, and waste is rampant...the government must work efficiently."
Bramnick is running in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 21. Bramnick is bracketed with Nancy Munoz in the June 4 Republican primary. The general election takes place on November 5, 2013.
Bramnick won re-election in 2011. He and incumbent Nancy Munoz ran unopposed in the June 7 Republican primary. They then defeated Bruce Bergen, Norman Albert, and Darren Young in the November 8 general election.
|New Jersey Assembly General Election, Twenty-First Legislative District (2009)|
|Nancy F. Munoz (R)||45,515|
|Jon Bramnick (R)||45,439|
|Bruce Bergen (D)||24,848|
|Norman Albert (D)||24,240|
In 2011, Bramnick received $730,785 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jon Bramnick's campaign in 2011|
|New Jersey Association Of Realtors||$14,700|
|Mechanical Contractors Association Of New Jersey||$9,000|
|New Jersey State Laborers||$8,200|
|Heavy & General Construction Laborers Local 472||$8,000|
|New Jersey Association For Justice||$8,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$730,785|
|Total Votes received in 2011||25,303|
|Cost of each vote received||$28.88|
Below are Bramnick's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2009 election:
|Add Funds Transferred From Prior Campaign||$72,674|
|Republican National Committee||$8,200|
|Kean For Senate||$8,000|
|Heavy & General Construction Laborers Local 472||$6,000|
Bramnick and his wife, Patricia, have two grown children, Brent and Abigail.
- NJSpotlight, "Candidates: Legislative District 21," November 1, 2011
- NJSpotlight, "Legislative District 21," October 7, 2011
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jon + Bramnick + New + Jersey + General + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Candidates: Dems Succumb to Pressure - Cape May County Herald (press release)
- NJ Assemblyman Jon Bramnick Discusses Tax Relief on the Jim Gearhart Show - New Jersey 101.5 FM Radio
- NJ lawmakers praise Christie's surgery but won't speculate on presidential ... - Hunterdon County Democrat - NJ.com
- Bramnick stays on offense in forthcoming ad - PolitickerNJ
- The League of Women Voters' Mission - TheAlternativePress.com (press release) (blog)
- 'Faces' Art Display Celebrates Diversity in New Providence - TheAlternativePress.com (press release) (blog)
- A Town Died This Week - TheAlternativePress.com (press release) (blog)
- New Providence Girls Lacrosse Beats Cranford on Senior Night - TheAlternativePress.com (press release) (blog)
- Republicans launch website targeting 'Corzine Democrats' on tax cut - NJ.com
- BAC Voted Down by Wide Margin in Berkeley Heights - TheAlternativePress.com (press release) (blog)
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Assemblyman Jon Bramnick official website
- New Jersey General Assembly - Hon. Jon Bramnick
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Assm. Jon Bramnick on Twitter
- Campaign Contributions: 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003
- Jon Bramnick on Facebook
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Assemblyman Bramnick
- ↑ New Jersey Legislature - Bills by Sponsor
- ↑ Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of New Jersey Leaders," December 15, 2011
- ↑ Vote Bramnick Back to Basics
- ↑ New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official General Assembly Primary Candidate List
- ↑ Star Ledger 2009 Election Results, November 4, 2009
- ↑ Official New Jersey Assembly General Election Results
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign contributions
|New Jersey General Assembly District 21
| Succeeded by|
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |
Open Public Records Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |