|Missouri House of Representatives, District 15|
|January 7, 2013 - present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Bachelor's||University of Southern California|
|Profession||Owner, Carpenter Communications|
Carpenter earned his bachelor's degree in Political Science from the University of Southern California. His professional experience includes founding and owning Carpenter Communications.
Carpenter's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Rebuilding the House
- Excerpt:"With a strong spirit of bipartisanship and a keen understanding of the severity of the challenges we face, I believe a smarter, more responsive, and more efficient government is possible."
Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt:"We need to take smart, innovative steps to attract private sector jobs to the 15th House District. We also need investments in infrastructure, research and development, education and public safety that will put folks to work and benefit the people of Missouri."
- Excerpt:"I’ll make our schools a top priority. That means small class sizes, 21st century modernization, and good pay for good teachers. "
- Excerpt:"Special interests have filled the tax code with loopholes that allow them to skip on taxes the rest of us have to pay."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Carpenter served on the following committees:
|Missouri Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations - Revenue, Transportation and Economic Development|
|• Professional Registration and Licensing|
|• Small Business|
|• Joint Committee on the Life Sciences|
Carpenter won election in the 2012 election for Missouri House of Representatives, District 15. Carpenter defeated Shon Adamson and Carol Suter in the August 7 Democratic primary and defeated Kevin Corlew (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 15, General Election, 2012|
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 15 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Carpenter is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Carpenter raised a total of $59,047 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 19, 2013.
|Jon Carpenter's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Missouri House of Representatives, District 15||$59,047|
|Grand Total Raised||$59,047|
2012Carpenter won election to the Missouri House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Carpenter raised a total of $59,047.
|Missouri House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jon Carpenter's campaign in 2012|
|Missouri House Democratic Campaign Committee||$12,812|
|Swearingen for Missouri||$3,200|
|Missouri Credit Union Association||$2,500|
|Teamsters Local 41||$1,580|
|Carpenters District Council of Greater St. Louis & Vicinity||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$59,047|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Carpenter is married to his wife, Midori.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jon + Carpenter + Missouri + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Missouri House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Missouri state legislative districts
- Missouri General Assembly
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Facebook page
- votesmart.org, "Jon Carpenter's Biography"
- "carpenter2012," Official Campaign Website
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Nov 6, 2012 General Election - All Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Aug 7, 2012 Primary - All Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Carpenter, Jon," accessed September 19, 2013
|Missouri House of Representatives District 15
| Succeeded by|
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |