|Colorado House of Representatives District 53|
|Associate's||Northwest Kansas Technical College|
|Profession||Electronics Engineering Technician|
Fye earned his 2 year technical degree in Computer Electronics Technology from Northwest Kansas Technical College in May of 2000 and is currently in his senior year of his Bachelors of Computer Science program. He is an Electronics Engineering Technician and currently works as a self employed Technical Consultant.
Fye's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Jobs and Economy
- Excerpt: "To recover jobs, we need to reduce and eliminate many of the taxes and regulations on businesses that choke off their ability to grow and hire new employees and that discourage individuals from becoming entrepreneurs. Big businesses like these taxes and regulations because they can afford the time and money required to address them, but small businesses cannot, thereby eliminating competition that would bring us choices and prevent the formation of many of the monopolies we have today. "
- Civil Liberties, Education, and Healthcare
- Excerpt: "“All men [and women] are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness” – United States Declaration of Independence, 1776."
- 10th Amendment (State Powers)
- Excerpt: "The Founders established a Republic – guaranteed to us in Article IV, Section 4, of the US Constitution – where the Federal government has a few, limited set of powers – listed in 17 clauses in Article I, Section 8, of the US Constitution. The 10th Amendment of the Constitution says that all other powers and rights are delegated to the States and People."
- Guns and Self-Defense
- Excerpt: "The 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution made it very clear that the Right to keep and bear arms “shall not be infringed.” However, today we see many restrictions and inhibitors to exercising the Right. Many people don’t notice that restrictions like requiring a permit to carry (~$150) do more than require permission to exercise a Right, they make it more difficult for low-income folks to afford self-defense."
- Sound Money and Currency
- Excerpt: "At the root of many of our economic problems today – jobs being lost overseas, unemployment, losing global competitiveness – are issues with our currency. The Constitution clearly states that the government should coin and regulate money, not a private bank like the Federal Reserve Bank"
- Environment, and Public and Private Land rights
- Excerpt: "Public and private property rights are under constant threats today and need to be protected. I believe that private property rights should be protected with few exceptions. However, I also believe that the environment needs protecting, but not through projects like UN’s Agenda 21 or ICLEI."
Fye ran in the 2012 election for Colorado House of Representatives District 53. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 26, 2012. He was defeated by incumbent Randy Fischer (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 53, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Randy Fischer Incumbent||63.7%||26,405|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jon + Fye + Colorado + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- [Bio submission to Ballotpedia, July 18, 2012]
- Campaign website, Issues
- Colorado Secretary of State "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed April 14, 2014