Jon Riki Karamatsu
|Jon Riki Karamatsu|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Hawaii House of Representatives District 41|
Karamatsu is President of JRK Enterprises, Limited Liability Company, and an attorney. He has been a teacher with Kyoiku Juku Limited, legislative assistant in the Office of Hawaii State Senator Carol Fukunaga, and a clerk at the Kapiolani Women's Center.
He is a member of the Waikele Elementary School School Community Council, Chair of the Peace Day Hawaii Committee, Vice President of the Jodo Mission of Hawaii, and member of the Honolulu Japanese Chamber of Commerce, Waipahu Business Association, and Waipahu Community Association.
Karamatsu lost his primary race for the Democratic nomination.
On November 4, 2008, Karamatsu won re-election to the Hawaii House of Representatives from Hawaii's 41st District, defeating Rito Saniatan (R). Karamatsu received 4,128 votes in the election while Saniatan received 3,082 votes. Karamatsu raised $56,776 for his campaign; Saniatan raised $7,803.
|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 41|
|Jon Riki Karamatsu (D)||4,128||54.6%|
|Rito Saniatan (R)||3,082||40.8%|
In 2008, Karamatsu collected $56,776 in campaign contributions. The five largest contributors to his campaign were as follows:
|Grocery Manufacturers Association||$2,000|
|Hawaii State Teachers Association||$2,000|
|Hawaii Association of Realtors||$2,000|
Hawaii Grassroot Institute
- See also: Hawaii Grassroot Institute Scorecard
The Grassroot Institute issued its 2010 Legislative Score Card that tallied the votes of Hawaii legislators and graded their votes based on the Institute's values of individual liberty, free markets, and limited government. The Institute observed state legislators' votes on issues involving taxes, spending, scope of government, business climate, and raids on special funds. Karamatsu received a total score of 5%. Here are the scores Karamatsu received based on specific categories.
|2010 Hawaii House Legislative Scorecard|
|Taxes||Business climate||Spending||Individual liberty||Raids||Scope of government|
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- List of 2010 state legislative candidates in Hawaii
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Karamatsu
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2008 General election results," accessed March 24, 2014
- District 41 Hawaii House candidate funds, 2008
- 2008 contributions to Jon Riki Karamatsu
- Grassroot Institute of Hawaii, "2010 Legislative Score Card," accessed October 23, 2013
|Hawaii House District 41
| Succeeded by|