|Utah House of Representatives District 62|
|January 1, 2013 - present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$96/day (lodging) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Stanard served on the following committees:
|Utah Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Business and Labor|
|• Revenue and Taxation|
Stanard's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "When we provide the best business friendly environment in the country, as Utah has done the past few years, our economy will continue to grow, helping us to better fund education and other important needs."
- Excerpt: "Education is very important to me. My father was a teacher as well as both of my sisters. Many of my wife’s family are also educators. Education is one of the most important responsibilities of the Utah Legislature."
- Excerpt: "I am a strong advocate for conservative family values. I am Pro Life, as well as for Traditional Marriage."
Access to Public Lands
- Excerpt: "I am proud to have John Swallow’s endorsement. I agree with him that we should continue the fight to gain access to our federally held land. When John Swallow is our attorney general, I will work tirelessly with him in the legislature."
Limited government – Restoring balance between State & Federal government.
- Excerpt: "It is important to have a representative who understand the proper role of government. We need to reduce government regulations and intrusions into our life at all levels, while protecting necessary state government programs such as education."
Elections for the office of Utah House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on June 24, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 20, 2014. Shirley Nelson is unopposed in the Democratic convention. Incumbent Jon Stanard is unopposed in the Republican convention.
Stanard won election in the 2012 election for Utah House of Representatives District 62. He defeated Mary Burkett, Michael Lee Heaton, and Austin Anderson in the Republican convention and defeated Brent Holloway (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Utah House of Representatives, District 62, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Stanard is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Stanard raised a total of $31,620 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 18, 2013.
|Jon Stanard's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Utah State House, District 62||$31,620|
|Grand Total Raised||$31,620|
2012Stanard won election to the Utah House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Stanard raised a total of $31,620.
|Utah House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jon Stanard's campaign in 2012|
|Washington County Republicans||$6,000|
|Direct Hit Inc||$2,000|
|Utah Association Of Realtors||$1,500|
|Ipson, Don L||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$31,620|
|Source:Follow the Money|
The Libertas Institute Index
The Libertas Institute is a libertarian-leaning think tank located in Utah. Each year the organization releases a Legislative Index for Utah State Representatives and Senators.
Jon Stanard received an index rating of 57%.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jon + Stanard + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Utah State Legislature
- Utah House of Representatives
- Utah House of Representatives Committees
- Utah Joint Committees
- Utah House of Representatives District 62
- Rep. Standard's website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- jonstanard, "Official Campaign Website," accessed March 29, 2014
- Utah Lieutenant Governor, "2014 Candidate Filings," accessed March 22, 2014
- Lieutenant Governor's Office, "Utah 2012 candidate filings," accessed March 29, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Stanard, Jon," accessed June 18, 2013
- Libertas Institute, "Legislator Indexes," accessed January 21, 2014
Christopher Herrod (R)
|Utah House of Representatives District 62
| Succeeded by|