|Jonathan L. Greenberg|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Illinois House of Representatives District 57|
|Bachelor's||Indiana University (1996)|
|Master's||Indiana University (2001)|
|Place of birth||Fort Wayne, Indiana|
Greenberg earned his B.A. in Political Science from Indiana University in 1996. He went on to receive his MPA in Public Affairs in 2001.
Greenberg's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Rolling Back the Quinn Tax Hike
- Excerpt: "The 67% income tax increase passed by a lame duck legislature in late 2010 costs hard-working Illinois families an average of $1500 per year at a time when most of us are already worried about our financial futures."
- Getting Illinois Working Again
- Excerpt: "Illinois has a well-earned reputation for hard work, a diverse industrial and commercial base, and a location in the heart of America. Carl Sandburg called us the “City of the Big Shoulders.” And we can be again."
- Reining in Out-of-Control Spending
- Excerpt: "Politicians in Springfield rang up an $11 billion budget deficit by spending too much on bloated, mismanaged and inefficient programs."
- Taking On Ineptitude and Corruption
- Excerpt: "People used to write poems and songs about Illinois. Now they write jokes about us. But Illinoisans aren’t laughing as we get stuck with the bill and the broken economy."
- Paying Our Bills On Time
- Excerpt: "Illinois families understand how to pay our bills. Our government, though, doesn’t get it. The State of Illinois is a deadbeat."
Greenberg ran in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 57. Greenberg was unopposed in the March 20 Republican primary and was defeated by incumbent Elaine Nekritz (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 57, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Elaine Nekritz Incumbent||55.5%||20,130|
|Republican||Jonathan L. Greenberg||44.5%||16,133|
Greenberg and his wife, Sharone, have two children.
- Official campaign website
- Jonathan Greenberg for State Rep Facebook page
- Jonathan Greenberg on Twitter
- Campaign website, Issues
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Candidate List," accessed December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed May 14, 2014
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |