|Texas House of Representatives, District 35|
|2011 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|J.D.||University of Texas School of Law|
Aliseda attended the University of Texas Law School. He is currently a rancher, a businessman and an attorney. Previously, he has served as a:
- US Naval officer in the Judge Advocate General Corps.
- Member of the Board of Pardons and Parole
- Bee County judge (1998-2003)
Jose Aliseda served on the following Texas House of Representatives committees:
- Criminal Jurisprudence Committee
- Environmental Regulation Committee
- Voter Identification & Voter Fraud, Select Committee
2010 Campaign Slogan:"A common sense conservative who will stand up for you in Austin!"
Excerpt:"Because of the nationwide recession, Texas will be facing a multi-billion dollar budget shortfall when the State Legislature meets next year. Liberals aggravate those problems by spending more and raising taxes. When I served as the Bee County Judge, I solved those problems by cutting the budget and holding the line on spending. Texas taxpayers and their families have to tighten their belts to make ends meet, and we should expect no less from our legislators in Austin."
Excerpt:"As an attorney, businessman and rancher, I know the importance of small business and agriculture to our state’s economy. I will work hard to cut red-tape and stop government regulation from strangling our small business owners. And I will fight any efforts to allow a state income tax or to tax small businesses by increasing the margins tax."
Aliseda has an A-rating with the NRA's Texas affilitate, the Texas State Rifle Association.
Aliseda was endorsed by Texas Right to Life Political Action Committee.
Aliseda was endorsed by the Conservative Republicans of Texas.
Aliseda won election to the Texas House of Representatives District 35 seat in 2010. He was unopposed in the March 2 Republican primary and defeated incumbent Democratic candidate Yvonne Gonzalez Toureilles in the November 2 general election.
| Texas House of Representatives, District 35 |
2010 General election results
|Jose Aliseda (R)||15,324||52.81%|
|Yvonne Gonzalez Toureilles (D)||13.692||47.18%|
Aliseda raised a total of $384,315 in 2010. Below are Aliseda's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2010 election:
|Associated Republicans of Texas||$102,425|
|Texans for Lawsuit Reform||$89,252|
|Rowling, Robert B.||$25,000|
|Perry Bob J.||$17,500|
|Perry, Bob J. & Doylene||$10,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Jose + Aliseda + Texas + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Empower Texans Fiscal Responsibility Index
Empower Texans produces the Fiscal Responsibility Index as "a measurement of how lawmakers perform on size and role of government issues." The index uses "exemplar votes on core budget and free enterprise issues that demonstrate legislators' governing philosophy." Legislators are graded along a standard grading scale, receiving grades A through F based on their performance during the legislative session.
Jose Aliseda received a grade of B+ on the 2011 Fiscal Responsibility Index.
- 2011 Taxpayer Advocate. Aliseda was named a "2011 Taxpayer Advocate," which is "An award presented to by Texans for Fiscal Responsibility to legislators based on their strong rating on the most recent Fiscal Responsibility Index."
"Currently a rancher, a businessman and an attorney, Jose is married to Aida Aliseda and is stepfather to her three children – Valerie, Luis and Mark Villarreal."
- Texas House member page
- Jose Aliseda campaign website
- Project Vote Smart - Jose Aliseda biography
- Aliseda, Chesshir enter race for public office in Bee County
- Jose Aliseda's Facebook profile
- Official Campaign Contributions
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions to Jose Aliseda
- Campaign Site
- Texas State Rifle Association/National Rifle Association Rating
- Texas Right to Life PAC endorsement
- Conservative Republicans of Texas endorsement
- Official Texas Election Results (timed out)
- Follow the Money, "2010 Contributions," accessed January 1, 2015
- Empower Texans, "Fiscal Responsibility Index," accessed February 22, 2014
- Empower Texans, "2011 Taxpayer Advocates
Yvonne Gonzalez Toureilles (D)
|Texas House of Representatives District 35
| Succeeded by|
Oscar Longoria (D)