|U.S. House, Florida, District 26|
|Date of birth||September 28, 1960|
Peixoto's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "The possibility of terrorist attacks against our civilian population, our embassies and representations throughout the world as well as against our armed forces will always be constant. I will do as much as possible so that our Congress does not let lack the money necessary to always have the best training possible for our armed forces, our internal security services and intelligence services."
- Excerpt: "Our freedom and sovereignty would not be possible without a major contribution of our Veterans, but our nation is indebted to them and their families, because when they voluntarily signed a contract with any of our armed forces, they were given guarantees that they and their families would always be supported by us for their basic needs like education, work, housing, health ... but today we can see Veterans living in very poor situation, sometimes under bridges and overpasses."
- Excerpt: "We must first fight the huge fraud that exists against our system Medicare and Medicaid. As a congressman I will seek the best ways to combat and punish fraudsters. Also I will try to find a way to make the health insurance can be cheaper."
- Foreign Policy
- Excerpt: "As we are the largest Democratic Nation in the world we have to maintain our assistance to our allies and also to other nations that need our support, but as a Congressman I will not support any military sanction against anyone until all the dialog options are extinct. "
- Excerpt: "If the President of our Nation can only serve for eight years as a Congressman I will try to pass legislation that would limit both the Congress and the Senate to be the same. In the case of the Senate (12 years) and Congress (8 years)."
Peixoto was defeated by Democrat Joe Garcia in the general election. Peixoto ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Florida's 26th District. Peixoto sought the nomination on the Independent ticket. Candidates wishing to run needed to file by the signature filing deadline of June 8, 2012. The primary elections were held on August 14, 2012.
|U.S. House, Florida District 26 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||David Rivera Incumbent||43%||108,820|
|Source: Florida Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House, Florida District 26, 2012 - Jose Peixoto Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$1,395,068|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$1,162,568|
|Top contributors to Jose Peixoto's campaign committee|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
Peixoto and his wife, Bianca, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jose + Peixoto + Florida + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Florida's 26th Congressional District elections, 2012
- Florida's 26th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Florida's 26th Congressional District
- United States congressional delegations from Florida
- United States House of Representatives
- Florida Election Division, "Candidate List," accessed April 2, 2014
- Campaign website, Issues (dead link)
- Politico, "2012 Election Map, Florida"
- Florida Secretary of State Elections Board, "Candidate List," accessed March 23, 2012
- OpenSecrets, "2012 Election" accessed March 21, 2013
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed June 2, 2014
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |