Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Utah House of Representatives District 47|
Huey's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"I am extremely concerned with the serious lack of adequate funding of public education in kindergarten through grade 12 as well as in higher education."
Jobs / Economy
- Excerpt:"Economic development must bring needed jobs to Utah families, but jobs with an eye on environmental quality. We must protect the beauty and sustainability of our State."
- Excerpt:"I will bring a more balanced approach to state government. Let’s give the people of House District 47 a choice for better government."
- Excerpt:"Utah’s takeover of federal lands does not even include the millions of dollars set aside to fight this battle in the courts. The legislature’s own counsel has stated that the State of Utah has little chance of winning this fight in the Courts."
- Excerpt:"What must be done now is to comply with the Affordable Care Act and to implement its provisions looking forward to how best to proceed for Utah. Utah should take the opportunity to expand the Medicaid portion of the law with the additional funding provided by the federal government. The expanded coverage will be of great benefit to those citizens that qualify for medical coverage."
Huey ran for election in the 2012 election for Utah House of Representatives District 47. Huey was unopposed in the June 26 Democratic primary and was defeated by incumbent Ken Ivory (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Utah House of Representatives, District 47, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Ken Ivory Incumbent||62.5%||7,354|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Joseph + Huey + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.