|Maine House of Representatives, District 45|
|Bachelor's||University of Southern Maine|
Kumiszcza earned his B.S. in Business Administration from the University of Southern Maine. His work experience includes serving as President of Online Associates, Inc., Executive Director of TechMaine, Business Director of MCBVI (Iris Network), Marketing Director for Fishman Realty Group, General Merchandise Sales Manager at Hannaford, and Advertising Manager at Emery Waterhouse.
Kumiszcza has been affiliated with the following organizations:
- Maine Genealogical Society
- Town of Cumberland Republican Committee
- Jaguar Association of New England
- Board member, Technology Councils of North America
- Cumberland/North Yarmouth Lions"
Public Service & Awards
Kumiszcza has received the following awards:
- Blaine House Conference on the Creative Economy
- New England High Tech All-Star
- New England Top 10 Techies to Watch
- Governor's Trade Mission to Canada
- USM Computer Science Advisory Board
- Interface Tech News Community Achievement Award
- Gubernatorial appointment to the Maine Jobs Council
Kumiszcza's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt: "We must continue to oppose unfair laws that hinder our residents and businesses. Maine should be the first choice for high-wage earners and the new jobs they will help create."
- Excerpt: "Technology is applied to every sector of our economy and University activities should seek to build Maine’s economy and produce graduates that can find high-paying jobs."
Business Regulation, Economic Development, Energy Policy, and Environmental Protection
- Excerpt: "We need an effective, efficient, and sensible long-term systematic blueprint to build a more prosperous Maine."
- Excerpt: "My thirteen years of experience influencing legislation and working with legislators have prepared me to help you move Maine forward."
Elections for the office of Maine House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for party candidates wishing to run in this election was March 17, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the primary election was April 28, 2014, and the deadline for non-party candidates to run in the general election was June 2, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the general election was September 22, 2014. Dale Denno was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Michael Timmons defeated Joseph Kumiszcza in the Republican primary. Timmons defeated Dennos in the general election.
|Maine House of Representatives District 45, General Election, 2014|
|Maine House of Representatives, District 45 Republican Primary, 2014|
Kumiszcza ran in the 2012 election for Maine House of Representatives District 108. Kumisczcza ran unopposed in the June 12 Republican primary on June 12, 2012 and was defeated by Stephen Moriarty (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
In explaining why he is running for office, Kumiszcza stated, "I spent the past decade as a bi-partisan advocate for Maine’s technology sectors. Holding legislative office will enable me to build on a record of accomplishments and respect from both parties as I help grow all of Maine’s economic sectors. I bring to this race a unique perspective and background – service at the governmental level; hands-on experience in the private sector as a marketing executive, leadership in Maine’s technology industry; and an innovative approach to education and training for our region’s workers and students. My career has focused on growing business and expanding opportunities for others; an essential focus if we're to return Maine’s economy to dignity and prosperity."
|Maine House of Representatives, District 108, General Election, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Joseph + Kumiszcza + Maine + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maine House of Representatives
- Maine House of Representatives District 45
- Maine House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Maine State Legislature
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Official campaign website
- Maine Secretary of State, Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Candidate List," April 4, 2014
- Biographical information submitted to Ballotpedia, August 9, 2012
- JoeMaine Committee, "Issues," accessed June 11, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Primary Candidates," accessed May 8, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Non-Party Candidates," accessed June 2, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Primary Election - June 10, 2014," accessed December 5, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "General Election - November 4, 2014," accessed December 5, 2014
- Maine Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List," accessed May 13, 2012
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |