|Louisiana House of Representatives District 80|
|January 11, 2016|
|Years in position||6|
|Per diem||$6,000/year for expenses; $153/day per diem|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 19, 2011|
|First elected||November 17, 2007|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Term limits||3 terms (12 years)|
|J.D.||Loyola University School of Law|
In the 2014 legislative session, Lopinto and 12 other members of the House formed the Louisiana Legislative Conservative Coalition. The coalition, under the chair of Rep. Alan Seabaugh (R), will attempt to pull the Louisiana Republican Legislative Delegation to the right and re-instill conservative principles to the delegation.
Lopinto earned his J.D. from the Loyola University School of Law. His professional experience includes working as an attorney.
In the 2012-2013 legislative session, Lopinto served on the following committees:
- Administration of Criminal Justice , Chairman
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Lopinto served on the following committees:
On October 22, 2011, Lopinto won re-election to District 61 of the Louisiana House of Representatives. He ran unopposed in the October 22 primary election, assuring his re-election.
|Louisiana House of Representatives General Election, District 80 (2007)|
|Joseph Lopinto (R)||6,170|
|Glenn Lee (R)||4,357|
In 2011, Lopinto received $76,210 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Louisiana House of Representatives 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Joseph Lopinto's campaign in 2011|
|P & S Local Thomas Jefferson Fund||$2,500|
|Bobby Jindal Campaign Cmte||$2,500|
|Louisiana Association Of Business & Industry||$2,250|
|Mapes & Mapes Inc||$2,102|
|Total Raised in 2011||$76,210|
In 2007, a year in which Lopinto was up for election, he collected $119,530 in donations.
His four largest contributors in 2007 were:
|Louisiana Republican Legislative Delegation Campaign Committee||$5,000|
|Louisiana Restaurant Association||$3,000|
Lopinto is a member of the Jefferson Parish Legislative Delegation, and the Louisiana Republican Legislative Delegation.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Joseph + Lopinto + Louisiana + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Louisiana House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Louisiana State Legislature
- Joint Committees
- Louisiana state legislative districts
- Rep. Lopinto's website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2009, 2007
- www.houmatoday.com, "Conservatives in state House forming new coalition," accessed February 20, 2014
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Additional Louisiana Endorsements," March 21, 2012
- Official Louisiana House of Representatives 2007 General Election Results
- Follow the Money, "2011 Campaign Contributions," accessed May 15, 2014
- Follow the Money Campaign Contributions, 2007
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Lopinto
|Louisiana House of Representatives District 80
| Succeeded by|
State of Louisiana
Baton Rouge (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Forestry | Secretary of Natural Resources | Executive Director of the Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Service Commission |