was a Democratic
candidate for District 51
of the Georgia State Senate
. The primary election
was on July 20, 2010 and the general election was on November 2, 2010
- See also: Georgia State Senate elections, 2010
Mann was unopposed in the July 20 primary.
| Georgia State Senate, District 51 - Democratic Primary (2010)
| Joseph Mann
Mann lost to Steve Gooch (R) in the November 2 general election.
On his campaign website, Mann lists four issues he is concerned about. They are:
- Excerpt: "Joseph Mann understands that our prosperity depends on creating jobs for our workforce. Through his work, he's created jobs throughout north Georgia, and he'll bring that common-sense businessman's perspective to Atlanta as our state senator."
- Excerpt: "For too long, public schools, especially in rural areas, have been pushed aside by the state government. That won't happen on Joseph's watch. He'll fight for our schools, our teachers, and above all, our students."
- Excerpt: "For too long, our state's finances have been run irresponsibly, and taxpayers and homeowners have been left to foot the bill for the politicians' irresponsibility. It's time to taxpayers to say no to fiscal irresponsibility and yes to real tax reform."
- Excerpt: "Public safety has seen massive cuts - a victim of the irresponsibility of the politicians in Atlanta. Joseph Mann stands with the police, not the politicians, and he'll work to make sure that law enforcement gets the resources it needs to continue keeping us safe."