|Pennsylvania State House District 25|
|1983 - Present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||30|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Notre Dame|
|Place of birth||Pittsburgh, PA|
Markosek earned his BA in History from the University of Notre Dame in 1972. He went on to receive his MBA from Duquesne University.
In 1974, Markosek worked as a Clerk for the Pittsburgh and Lake Erie Railroad. He then worked as a Buyer for the Westinghouse Electric Corporation from 1974 to 1982.
Markosek joined the Pennsylvania House of Representatives in 1983. He has served in that position since, representing the 25th District.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Markosek served on the following committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations, Democratic Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Markosek served on these committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Appropriations, Chair|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Markosek served on these committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Intergovernmental Affairs|
|• Transportation, Chair|
Markosek ran in the 2012 election for Pennsylvania House District 25. Markosek ran unchallenged in the Democratic primary on April 24 and defeated Mike Doyle (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 25, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Joseph Markosek Incumbent||54.7%||16,297|
|Pennsylvania State House, District 25|
|Joseph Markosek (D)||11,776||53.7%|
|Mike Doyle (R)||10,153||46.3%|
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 25|
|Joseph F. Markosek (D/R)||28,916||100.0%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Markosek raised $291,307 during the 2010 election cycle.
His top contributors are listed below.
|Pennsylvania Democratic Party||$40,161|
|Operating Engineers Local 66||$9,000|
|Pennsylvania Education Association||$7,750|
|Transportation Construction Industries||$7,500|
|Western Pennsylvania Laborers||$5,000|
Markosek is divorced and has one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Joseph + Markosek + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Democrats sharply criticize $28.3 billion budget passed in Pa. House - Tribune-Review
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives passes Republican-authored state ... - Patriot-News
- WATCHBLOG: House passes budget bill 108-92, now moves to Senate - Pennsylvania Independent
- Pa. House sends budget to Senate - Pittsburgh Post Gazette
- Pa. House approves $28.3 billion GOP budget - Centre Daily Times
- Pa. House GOP protects $28.3 billion budget plan - Reading Eagle
- Corbett administration seeking assurances state won't be left holding Medicaid bag - Tribune-Review
- Pennsylvania House Republicans float $28.3 billion budget - Allentown Morning Call
- House GOP Budget Passes on Party Lines - PoliticsPA
- Pennsylvania House GOP budget clears panel - Pittsburgh Post Gazette
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Joseph Markosek's personal website
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives - Rep. Joseph Markosek
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- ↑ Pennsylvania Department of State, Official Primary Results
- ↑ Pennsylvania Department of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List In Ballot Order," March 26, 2012
- ↑ 2010 general election results from the Pennsylvania Secretary of State's office
- ↑ Official 2008 state house election results from the Pennsylvania Department of State
- ↑ Follow the Money, 2010 campaign contributors to Joseph Markosek
|Pennsylvania House Of Representatives District 25
| Succeeded by|
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |
Right to Know Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |