|New Jersey General Assembly, District 26|
|Bachelor's||Jersey City State College, 1968|
He previously ran for the office in 2012 and 2011.
Raich also ran for the Parsippany Board of Education in 2011. He said that if he won the school board election he would not drop out of the assembly race. However, state statute does not allow holding both offices. Raich said, "I aim to win both and then decide."
Raich earned his B.A. from Jersey City State College in 1968. His professional experience includes working as a driver at Travel Limousine and zone sales supervisor at The Star Ledger Newspaper Circulation.
Raich ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 26. Raich was bracketed with Elliot Isibor. He was unopposed in the June 4 Democratic primary. He was defeated by incumbent Jay Webber (R) and incumbent BettyLou DeCroce (R) in the general election, which took place on November 5, 2013.
|New Jersey General Assembly, District 26, Special Election, 2012|
Raich was a candidate for District 26 of the New Jersey General Assembly. He was defeated in the November 8 general election. Raich and Elliot Isibor ran unopposed in the June 7 Democratic primary. Alex DeCroce and Jay Webber ran unopposed in the Republican primary. Michael Spector was also running as an Independent in the November 8 general election.
- Planned Parenthood Action Fund of New Jersey
- New Jersey State Building & Construction Trades Council
Raich and his wife, Amy, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Joseph + Raich + New + Jersey + General + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- NJSpotlight, "Candidates: Legislative District 26," November 4, 2011
- NJSpotlight, "Legislative District 26," October 13, 2011
- Joseph Raich, LinkedIn profile
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- New Jersey Department of State, Official Primary Results
- New Jersey Department of State, Unofficial general election candidates
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official 2013 Primary Candidates," accessed April 15, 2013
- Patch.com, "A Board of Ed and State Assembly Candidate, Raich Says 'I Aim to Win Both and then Decide'," April 14, 2011
- New Jersey Department of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed July 26, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official 2013 General Assembly general election candidates," accessed April 10, 2014
- Associated Press, "New Jersey - Summary Vote Results," November 6, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "2013 Official General Election results," accessed December 9, 2013
- NJ.com, "Assemblywoman DeCroce: I'm not running off late husband's legacy," October 24, 2012
- NJ.com, "N.J. Assemblywomen secure seats in special election," November 7, 2012
- New Jersey Department of Elections, "Special election results November 6, 2012," accessed December 19, 2012
- New Jersey Department of State, "2011 Official General Assembly Primary Candidate List," accessed April 10, 2014
- Planned Parenthood NJ "Planned Parenthood Action Fund of New Jersey Announces Endorsements in State Elections," accessed September 5, 2013
- "List of Endorsements," accessed September 12, 2013
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |