|Kansas House of Representatives, District 88|
|January 12, 2015 - present|
|January 8, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 87|
Joseph Scapa is a Republican member of the Kansas House of Representatives, representing District 88. He was first elected to the chamber in 2014. He previously served in the House, representing District 87 from 2011 to 2013.
Scapa is a realtor and substitute teacher.
Scapa attended Wichita State University and Tabor College.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Scapa served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Federal and State Affairs|
|• Financial Institutions|
Scapa served on the following committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Commerce and Economic Development Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
- Education Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
- Financial Institutions Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
- Vision 2020 Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
Elections for the office of Kansas House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Incumbent Patricia Sloop was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Joseph Scapa defeated Jim Price in the Republican primary. Sloop was defeated by Scapa in the general election by 48 votes, according to unofficial results.
|Kansas House of Representatives District 88, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Patricia Sloop Incumbent||49.7%||2,587|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 88 Republican Primary, 2014|
Scapa ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 89. He was unopposed in the August 7 Republican primary and was defeated by Patricia M. Sloop (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 88, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Joseph Scapa Incumbent||46.8%||3,226|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 87 General Election (2010)|
|Joseph Scapa (R)||4,123|
|Om Chauhan (D)||2,179|
Scapa was endorsed by:
- Kansans for Liberty
In 2010, Scapa raised $22,571 in contributions.
His two largest contributors were:
|Scapa, Joseph & Meliss||$7,500|
|4Th District Republican Cmte||$2,500|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Joseph + Scapa + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kansas House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Kansas state legislative districts
- Kansas State Legislature
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed September 15, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2014 General Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed April 17, 2015
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 31, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 General Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 31, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2010 General Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 29, 2014
- Kansans for Liberty
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
Patricia M. Sloop (D)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 88
| Succeeded by|
Raj Goyle (R)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 87
| Succeeded by|
Mark Kahrs (R)
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |