|Kansas House of Representatives District 87|
|January 10, 2011 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
Scapa is a realtor and substitute teacher.
Scapa attended Wichita State University and Tabor College.
Scapa served on the following committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Commerce and Economic Development Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
- Education Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
- Financial Institutions Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
- Vision 2020 Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
Scapa ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 89. He was unopposed in the August 7 Republican primary and was defeated by Patricia M. Sloop (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 88, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Joseph Scapa Incumbent||46.8%||3,226|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 87 General Election (2010)|
|Joseph Scapa (R)||4,123|
|Om Chauhan (D)||2,179|
Scapa was endorsed by:
- Kansans for Liberty
In 2010, Scapa raised $22,571 in contributions.
His two largest contributors were:
|Scapa, Joseph & Meliss||$7,500|
|4Th District Republican Cmte||$2,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Joseph + Scapa + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 31, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 General Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 31, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2010 General Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 29, 2014
- Kansans for Liberty
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
Raj Goyle (R)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 87
| Succeeded by|
Mark Kahrs (R)
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |