|New Jersey General Assembly District 19|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
January 10, 2010
Vas did not complete the 2007 National Political Awareness Test, which provides a candidate's positions on major issues. His answers to the New Jersey State Legislative Election 2005 National Political Awareness Test are available, but he did not answer the question asking his top priorities.
- A266 Exempts municipal clerk from penalties for Open Public Records Act violations under certain circumstances.
- A339 Prohibits individuals from purchasing more than one handgun in a calendar month.
- A507 Requires school districts annually to measure the body mass index of public school pupils.
- A820 Requires court to issue animal protective orders against persons found guilty of abusing animals. 
The top 5 donors to Vas's 2007 campaign:
- 1. Vas, Election Fund of Joseph $5,000
- 2. B&W Construction $2,600
- 3. Kaplan at Perth Amboy $2,600
- 4. Dodge, Laura $2,600
- 5. Krumholz, Scott $2,600
- New Jersey General Assembly - Hon. Patrick Diegnan
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2007, 2005, 2003
|New Jersey Assembly District 19
| Succeeded by|
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |
Open Public Records Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |