Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 22|
|August 5, 2013 - present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$131/day during session|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||August 1, 2013|
|Appointed by||Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin (D)|
|Place of birth||Chapmanville, WV|
Barker attended Marshall University and Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College.
After being sworn in, Barker served on the following committees:
|West Virginia Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health and Human Resources|
|• Government Organization|
|• Agriculture and Rural Development|
|• Joint Government Organization|
Elections for the office of West Virginia House of Delegates will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 13, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 25, 2014. District 22 is represented by two delegates. Incumbent Jeff Eldridge and Gary McCallister defeated incumbent Joshua Barker in the Democratic primary. McCallister defeated Barker by one vote in a recount. Michel Moffatt and Justin Mullins were unopposed in the Republican primary. McCallister, Eldridge, Moffatt and Mullins will face off in the general election.
|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 22 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Jeff Eldridge: Incumbent||40.1%||1,676|
|Joshua Barker Incumbent||30%||1,253|
Barker and his wife, Jill Lambert, live in Chapmanville.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the West Virginia State Legislature was in session from January 8 through March 10.
- Regenerate WV - House only
- Legislators are scored on their votes for or against Regenerate WV's position.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on lawsuit-related legislation.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on the Water Resources Protection Act and its amendments.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Joshua + Barker + West + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- West Virginia State Legislature
- West Virginia House of Delegates
- West Virginia House Committees
- West Virginia Joint Committees
- West Virginia state legislative districts
- State of West Virginia, "Governor Tomblin Appoints Josh Barker to Represent the 22nd District in the House of Delegates," August 1, 2013. Retrieved September 9, 2013
- The Lincoln Journal, "Stowers departs for Treasury job," accessed September 9, 2013
- Pennsylvania Emergency Services Legislative Alliance, "Joshua Barker," accessed April 24, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Candidate search," accessed April 30, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results," accessed June 18, 2014