|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 155|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Mayor of Downingtown|
|Bachelor's||West Chester University|
|Master's||University of Pennsylvania|
|Profession||Mayor of Downingtown|
Maxwell is currently serving his second term as Mayor of Downingtown, Pennsylvania.
Maxwell earned his B.A. in Political Science from West Chester University and his master's in Public Administration from University of Pennsylvania.
Maxwell's campaign website highlights the following issues:
- Excerpt: "We need to increase state funding for education, and work to bring innovative programs and modern technology to our classrooms. We also need to ensure that students have a safe environment in which to learn, and that no one is distracted from learning by bullies, be they adults or fellow students."
- Excerpt: "We need to be more aggressive in bringing new businesses to the district, and the first step is infrastructure. We need to fix our deteriorating roads and bridges. We need to extend SEPTA service to Coatesville and Parkesburg, and make our district the true terminus of the Paoli/Thorndale rail line."
- Stop Gun Violence
- Protect our Environment
- Support Women's Health
- Ensure Civil Rights for All
Maxwell believes that the state needs to restore funding cuts to education and states that he will "aggressively advocate for policies that create long-term economic growth in our region."
Elections for the office of Pennsylvania House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Harry Lewis, Jr. was unopposed in the Republican primary, while Joshua Maxwell defeated Joshua Young in the Democratic primary. Lewis and Maxwell will face off in the general election.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 74 Democratic Primary, 2014|
Maxwell ran in the 2012 election for Pennsylvania House District 155. Maxwell ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on April 24 and was defeated by Becky Corbin (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 155, General Election, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Joshua + Maxwell + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Pennsylvania State Legislature
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 74
- Official campaign website
- Josh Maxwell on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Follow the Money
- Facebook, "Josh Maxwell for State Representative," accessed May 7, 2014
- Joshmaxwell.com, "Issues," accessed May 7, 2014
- Joshmaxwell.com, "Issues," accessed October 12, 2012
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Official primary results for May 20, 2014," accessed July 9, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2014 Official Candidate Listing," accessed March 21, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List In Ballot Order," March 9, 2012
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |