|Kansas House of Representatives District 50|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Powell served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Commerce, Labor and Economic Development|
|• Energy and Environment|
Powell's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"No new taxes! I will not vote for a tax increase, period!"
Out of Control Spending
- Excerpt:"At both the federal and state level; spending is out of control! We must be fiscally responsible! Wasteful spending needs to be eliminated!"
- Excerpt:"I believe life begins at conception. We must protect the most innocent among us. I will work to protect life from conception till natural death."
- Excerpt:"The Second Amendment is very clear! We the people have the right to keep and bear arms. I will fight vigorously to protect this right!"
- Excerpt:"Kansas must improve its education system. Through transparency and parental involvement we can ensure children in Kansas get the best education possible!"
Powell won election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 50. Powell defeated Jason "Jake" Fisher in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated District 57 incumbent Sean Gatewood (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 50, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Sean Gatewood Incumbent||45.1%||4,913|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 50 Republican Primary, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Joshua + Powell + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Missing Utah mom's father-in-law not getting out - Kansas City Star
- Tax deal remains elusive heading toward Day 90 - Topeka Capital Journal
- Police to offer new details in Susan Powell case - Kansas City Star
- Investigation into Powell disappearance may close - Kansas.com
- Correction: Missing Mom-Utah story - Kansas City Star
- Beau Rasmussen Missing After San Francisco Bay To Breakers Race - Huffington Post
- Lawyer: Feds investigate Susan Powell case - Kansas City Star
- Kaitlyn Hunt pleads not guilty to charges for high school lesbian relationship - Examiner.com
- Jennifer Kesse's Parents Mark Missing Florida Woman's Birthday - Huffington Post
- Senate votes to make small cut to food stamps - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge ... - WBXH
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Rep. Powell's website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Joshua Powell on Facebook
- Joshua Powell on Twitter
Trent LeDoux (R)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 50
| Succeeded by|
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |
Open Records Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |