|Maine House of Representatives, District 140|
|2010 - Present|
|December 6, 2016|
|Years in position||5|
|Base salary||$13,852/year (first regular session) |
$9,661/year (second regular session)
|Per diem||$38/day, plus $32/day for meals|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Profession||Retired college administrator|
Maker serves on the Calais City Council.
Maker's professional experience includes working as an Administrator and Financial Aid Director at Washington County Community College.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Maker served on the following committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Education and Cultural Affairs|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Maker served on the following committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Education and Cultural Affairs|
Elections for the office of Maine House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for party candidates wishing to run in this election was March 17, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the primary election was April 28, 2014, and the deadline for non-party candidates to run in the general election was June 2, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the general election was September 22, 2014. Harold Clark defeated Albion Goodwin in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Joyce Maker was unopposed in the Republican primary. Maker defeated Clark in the general election.
|Maine House of Representatives District 140, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Joyce Maker Incumbent||64.9%||2,280|
|Maine House of Representatives, District 140 Democratic Primary, 2014|
Maker won re-election in the 2012 election for Maine House of Representatives District 31. Marker ran unopposed in the June 12 Republican primary and defeated Harold Clark (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Maine House of Representatives, District 31, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Joyce Maker Incumbent||62%||2,156|
Maker's opponent in the November 2 general election was Democratic candidate Jeanne Gusinger. According to official results, Maker defeated Gusinger in the November 2 general election.  Democratic incumbent Anne Perry was not eligible for re-election under Maine's term limits.
|Maine House of Representatives General Election, District 31 (2010)|
|Joyce Maker (R)||2,039||69%|
|Jeanne Guisinger (D)||819||28%|
Comprehensive donor information for Maker is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Maker raised a total of $8,931 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 12, 2013.
|Joyce Maker's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Maine State House, District 31||$4,148|
|2010||Maine State House, District 31||$4,783|
|Grand Total Raised||$8,931|
2012Maker won re-election to the Maine House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Maker raised a total of $4,148.
|Maine House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Joyce Maker's campaign in 2012|
|Maker, Joyce A||$100|
|Michaud Jr, Harold R||$100|
|Michaud, Elizabeth M||$100|
|Total Raised in 2012||$4,148|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Maker raised $4,783 in contributions.
Her top contributor was the Public Fund, which donated $4,333 to her campaign.
Maker and her husband, Geoffrey, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Joyce + Maker + Maine + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maine State Legislature
- Maine House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Maine state legislative districts
- Maine House of Representatives - Rep. Joyce Maker
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Primary Candidates," accessed May 8, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Non-Party Candidates," accessed June 2, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Primary Election - June 10, 2014," accessed December 5, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "General Election - November 4, 2014," accessed December 5, 2014
- Maine Secretary of State, "2012 Candidate List," accessed May 14, 2012
- Maine Secretary of State, "Tabulations for Elections held in 2012," accessed March 19, 2014
- Maine Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Official 2010 Election Results," accessed February 18, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Maker, Joyce," accessed September 12, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
Anne Perry (D)
|Maine House of Representatives District 31
| Succeeded by|
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |