For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Texas House of Representatives, District 14|
LeUnes' professional experience includes working as an elementary teacher, owner of an education consulting firm, and as a consultant at the University of Texas. She earned her degree in Education from Texas A&M.
LeUne's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Investing in Our Students
- "Public Schools are the best chance for every child to have an equal opportunity."
- "Every child deserves high quality teachers. If support for public schools continues to drop, it will be harder to attract and keep these teachers in Texas."
- "Teachers are the experts and must have a voice in decisions regarding education."
Texans Need Jobs
- "If the legislature continues to neglect public education, employers with higher paying jobs will take their companies to other states."
- "Texas ranks first in the country with the most people earning minimum wage."
- "We need to grow new jobs and support small businesses. Every Texan should have the resources available to follow the American dream."
- "Funding for the Women’s Health Program must be restored."
- "CHIP must continue to help low income children get much needed health care."
- "Affordable health care must be available for all citizens."
- "Homeless animals continue to be a huge issue in Texas communities"
- "Puppy Mills legislation is an area I support and will work to strengthen the laws and punishments."
- "Education on spay neuter progams is a must to help communities cut the population of unwanted animals roaming the streets."
LeUnes ran in the 2012 election for Texas House of Representatives, District 14. LeUnes ran unopposed in the May 29 primary election. She was defeated by incumbent John Raney (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 14, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||John Raney Incumbent||60.2%||24,269|
|Democratic||Judy Le Unes||36.2%||14,614|
LeUnes and her husband, Arnold, have two children and four step-children together. She is an active in community organizations including the College Station Noon Lions Club, Aggie Women Former Students Network, Bryan/College Station Chamber of Commerce, and the Brazos Valley African American Cultural and Heritage Society.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Judy + LeUnes + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |