Judy Webb LeUnes
|Judy Webb LeUnes|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Texas House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||Texas A&M University|
|Profession||Education Consultant/Retired Teacher|
LeUnes graduated from Texas A&M University with a degree in education. She spent most of her career in the College Station ISD until her retirement in 2004. Following her retirement, she founded an education consulting and team building business. She has volunteered with the Rape Crisis Center and served as Chair of the College Station Parks Board. She currently serves as President of the Brazos Animal Shelter Board of Directors. She is married to her husband, Arnold. She has two children and four step-children.
LeUnes faced Republicans Bob Yancy, Rebecca Boenigk, and John Raney. She also faced Libertarian Joshua Baker. Since no candidate received a majority of the vote on November 8, the top two vote getters--Yancy and Raney--proceeded to a runoff election.
On her 2011 campaign site, LeUnes discusses her decision to run for office:
- "I am running for the Texas House of Representatives to be a strong voice for families who are deeply concerned about the quality and affordability of their children’s education at all levels. With billions of dollars cut from public education, schools are struggling to provide quality education for the children of Texas... At the same time, students are afraid that their dreams of getting a college degree are slipping away with rising tuition, student aid cutbacks and soaring textbook prices... It’s time for an educator to run to fight for those concerns."
- On October 18, candidates for District 14 participated in a debate sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce. Video of the debate can be found here. (See video player in upper right)
- On October 25, candidates for District 14 participated in a second debate sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce. Audio of the debate can be found here.
- The Eagle, "Boenigk, Yancy clash at District 14 debate," October 25, 2011
- The Eagle, "LeUnes plans to fight for schools," October 19, 2011 (Candidate Profile)
- The Eagle, "District 14 field split on school vouchers," October 19, 2011
- The Eagle, "District 14 hopeful Paula Hand out of race over bounced check," October 1, 2011
- ABC 13, "Nov. 8 special election to replace lawmaker Brown," July 21, 2011
- "Judy LeUnes For Texas House of Representatives," Campaign site, Accessed November 1, 2011
- Satellite Spotlight, "District 14 hopeful Paula Hand out of race over bounced check," October 01, 2011
- Texas Secretary of State, Special Election State Representative, District 14, November 8, 2011
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |