|Maine State Senate, District 27|
|December 6, 2016|
|Years in position||7|
|Minority Leader, Maine State Senate|
|2014 - present|
|President of the Maine State Senate|
|2012 - 2014|
|Base salary||$13,852/year (first regular session) |
$9,661/year (second regular session)
|Per diem||$38/day, plus $32/day for meals|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||Four consecutive terms|
|Profession||Real Estate Developer|
Alfond earned his B.B.A. in Business Administration from Tulane University. His professional experience includes working as a real estate developer.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Alfond, as Democratic leader, did not serve on a committee.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Alfond served on the following committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2013|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Alfond served on these committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Senate Rules|
|• Education and Cultural Affairs|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Alfond served on these committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Education and Cultural Affairs, Chair|
|• Insurance and Financial Services|
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Maine State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for party candidates wishing to run in this election was March 17, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the primary election was April 28, 2014, and the deadline for non-party candidates to run in the general election was June 2, 2014. District 8 incumbent Justin Alfond was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Peter Doyle was unopposed in the Republican primary. Alfond defeated Doyle and Asher Platts (G) in the general election.
|Maine State Senate District 27, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Justin Alfond Incumbent||64.4%||11,376|
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2012
|Maine State Senate, District 8, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Justin Alfond Incumbent||70.8%||12,672|
|Republican||John M. Brown||0.3%||48|
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2010
Alfond won re-election to the 8th District seat in the November 2nd general election. He had no primary opposition. Peter Doyle ran for the seat on the Republican ticket. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Maine State Senate, District 8|
|Justin Alfond (D)||10,667||75%|
|Peter Doyle (R)||2,908||20%|
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2008
Alfond raised $28,424 for his campaign.
|Maine State Senate, District 8|
|Justin Alfond (R)||11,705|
|William Linnell (G)||4,153|
|Eric Lusk (R)||2,789|
Comprehensive donor information for Alfond is available dating back to 2008. Based on available campaign finance records, Alfond raised a total of $69,539 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 10, 2013.
|Justin Alfond's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Maine State Senate, District 8||$19,231|
|2010||Maine State Senate, District 8||$21,884|
|2008||Maine State Senate, District 8||$28,424|
|Grand Total Raised||$69,539|
2012Alfond won re-election to the Maine State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Alfond raised a total of $19,231.
|Maine State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Justin Alfond's campaign in 2012|
|Alfond, Joan L||$100|
|Total Raised in 2012||$19,231|
|Source: Follow the Money|
In 2010, Justin Alfond collected $21,884 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
In 2008, Justin Alfond collected $28,424 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2008 were:
Justin has a partner, Rachel Brannigan.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Justin + Alfond + Maine + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maine State Legislature
- Maine State Senate
- Maine Senate Committees
- Maine Joint Committees
- Maine state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Justin Alfond on the Maine State Senate website
- Maine Senate Democrats profile (dead link)
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008
- Justin Alfond on LinkedIn
- State Surge profile - legislative and voting track record
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Primary Candidates," accessed May 8, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Non-Party Candidates," accessed June 2, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Primary Election - June 10, 2014," accessed December 5, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "General Election - November 4, 2014," accessed December 5, 2014
- Maine Secretary of State, "Primary Candidate List," accessed June 12, 2012
- Maine Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Official 2010 Election Results," accessed February 18, 2014
- Maine Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Official 2008 State House Election Results," accessed February 18, 2014
- Follow the Money ,"Alfond, Justin L," accessed February 18, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Alfond, Justin L," accessed September 10, 2013
- Follow the Money, "Alfond, Justin L" accessed February 18, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Alfond, Justin L," accessed February 18, 2014
|Maine Senate District 8
| Succeeded by|