|Former candidate for|
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 46|
|High school||Hoover High School|
|J.D.||University of Alabama|
Barkley has practiced law at Johnston Barton Proctor & Rose, LLP, since 2006.
Barkley's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
|“||This community provides me the opportunity to represent some exceptional employers and small businesses. I want to make sure that our business climate allows those employers to thrive, and doesn’t crush them with high taxes and burdensome regulations, so that they can provide jobs for our families and job opportunities for our children.||”|
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Pamela Blackmore-Jenkins, Steve French, Justin Barkley, and David Faulkner faced off in the Republican primary. Because no candidate received more than 50 percent of the vote, the top two vote-getters - French and Faulkner - were scheduled to meet in a runoff election. French withdrew from the runoff race on June 12, 2014, leaving Faulkner unopposed. Faulkner is unchallenged in the general election.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 46 Republican Primary, 2014|
Barkley and his wife, Melissa, have three children. They live in Homewood.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Justin + Barkley + Alabama + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama House of Representatives
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama House of Representatives District 46
- Alabama State Senate elections, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Republican Certification List," January 20, 2012
- Justin Barkley, "Meet Justin," accessed May 10, 2014
- Justin Barkley, "Why I am Running," accessed May 10, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- The Homewood Star, "French withdraws from District 46 run-off," June 12, 2014
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Justin Barkley, "Home page," accessed May 10, 2014
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|