|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 35A|
Boals' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
I Support Small Business
- Excerpt: "Our independent business owners are the backbone of our economy."
- Excerpt: "Raising minimum wage AND indexing it to inflation will increase costs to business owners especially our small, independent business owners that we value so much."
- Excerpt: "Fees will be required for language translation of State Government literature."
- Excerpt: "I support the legalization of marijuana."
- Excerpt: "We must end Common Core in Minnesota."
Boals's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"I pledge NOT to vote for tax increases and will fight to lower your already heavy tax burden. The more our citizens have to spend, the more our economy benefits."
- Excerpt:"Our State Legislature currently owes our public schools over $2 billion. They continually delay payments on this debt. I will not stop fighting for this debt to be paid. We simply owe it to our children."
- Excerpt:"One of the first tasks that I will set myself to work on is drafting an amendment to our constitution to that effect."
- Excerpt:"I believe we should leave it to the religious establishments to protect the sanctity of marriage. I do agree that steps should be taken to improve the integrity of our voting system but we should NEVER question the integrity of the voter."
- Excerpt:"Government should admit when they fail and turn failed projects over to people that can make it succeed: the private sector."
Elections for the office of Minnesota House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 12, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Peter Perovich was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Abigail Whelan defeated Justin Boals in the Republican primary.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 35A Republican Primary, 2014|
Boals ran in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 35A. He ran unopposed in the Independence primary on August 14 and was defeated by incumbent Jim Abeler (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 35A, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Jim Abeler Incumbent||58.8%||11,906|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Justin + Boals + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Minnesota House of Representatives
- Minnesota House of Representatives District 35A
- Minnesota House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Minnesota State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Justin Boals on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings"
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed July 1, 2014
- Democracy.com, "Issues," accessed July 24, 2014
- "boals2012," Official Campaign Website
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "State Canvassing Board Report," August 19, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed July 25, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |