Justin C. Jones
is a Democratic
member of the Nevada State Senate
, representing District 9. He was first elected to the chamber in 2012. He currently serves as Assistant Majority Whip
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Jones served on the following committees:
Jones' website highlighted the following themes:
- Fighting Foreclosures: ."..as State Senator I will crack down on the illegal foreclosure practices that have ravaged our community."
- Investing in Small Businesses: ."..I believe we have the people to get our economic engine moving again, but we need to foster that growth with continued incentives and innovative solutions. We also need to ensure our workforce is educated in the new high tech, bio tech and engineering jobs of the future. We will only attract and keep businesses in Nevada if we invest in improved K-12 and higher education."
- Educating A 21st Century Workforce: ."..We must fund education so that teachers have the resources in the classroom and students have ever opportunity to excel. By investing in better schools, we will attract companies to invest in creating jobs in Nevada."
- Energy Independence and Conservation: ."..The economic benefits of protected lands can not be overlooked and we need to make sure we invest in promoting our Nevada public lands as tourist destinations. I also believe in harnessing the natural resources we enjoy in Nevada--solar, geothermal, wind. These can be great job creators, not just to construct and run the plants, but also in the manufacturing of equipment such as solar panels and wind turbines. We need to cut the red tape that stifles renewable energy development and work to create a comprehensive plan for the state that identifies locations suitable for renewable energy projects and then puts them on the fast track"
- See also: Nevada State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Nevada State Senate will consist of a primary election on June 10, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Justin Jones is unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Ron Quilang will face Vick Gill, Becky Harris and David Schoen in the Republican primary.
- See also: Nevada State Senate elections, 2012
Jones ran in the 2012 election for Nevada State Senate, District 9. Jones defeated Frederick L. Conquest in the June 12 primary election and defeated Mari Nakashima St. Martin (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Nevada State Senate, District 9, General Election, 2012
|| Mari Nakashima St. Martin
|Nevada State Senate, District 9 Democratic Primary, 2012
Justin C. Jones
| Frederick L. Conquest
Comprehensive donor information for Jones is available dating back to 2004. Based on available campaign finance records, Jones raised a total of $538,922 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 14, 2013.
Jones won election to the Nevada State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Jones raised a total of $361,117
|Nevada State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Justin Jones's campaign in 2012|
|Nevada Hispanic Leadership Fund||$10,000|
|Committee To Elect Mo Denis||$10,000|
|Debbie Smith Campaign||$10,000|
|Buckskin Mountain PAC||$10,000|
|Sunrise Leadership Fund||$10,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$361,117|
|Source:Follow the Money
Jones lost the election for the Nevada State Assembly in 2004. During that election cycle, Jones raised a total of $177,805
|Nevada State Assembly 2004 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Justin Jones's campaign in 2004|
|Nevada State AFL-CIO||$7,823|
|American Nevada Co.||$7,000|
|Mandalay Resort Group||$6,200|
|Total Raised in 2004||$177,805|
|Source:Follow the Money
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Justin + Jones + Nevada + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Justin Jones News Feed
- ↑ Friends for Justin Jones, "Values," retrieved October 19, 2012
- ↑ Nevada Secretary of State, "2014 filed candidates," accessed April 8, 2014
- ↑ Clark County, "Candidate filing," accessed April 8, 2014
- ↑ Nevada Secretary of State - 2012 Primary candidates
- ↑ Clark County - 2012 Primary candidates
- ↑ Washoe County - 2012 Primary candidates
- ↑ Nevada Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ Follow the Money, "Jones, Justin." Retrieved June 14, 2013
| Political offices
Elizabeth Halseth (R)
|Nevada State Senate District 9
| Succeeded by|