|Nevada State Senate, District 9|
|February 4, 2013 - present|
|November 9, 2016|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
|Term limits||3 terms (12 years)|
|Bachelor's||Brigham Young University, 1997|
|J.D.||George Washington University, 2001|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Jones served on the following committees:
|Nevada Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce, Labor and Energy|
|• Health and Human Services, Chair|
From Jones' website:
- Fighting Foreclosures: "...as State Senator I will crack down on the illegal foreclosure practices that have ravaged our community."
- Investing in Small Businesses: "...I believe we have the people to get our economic engine moving again, but we need to foster that growth with continued incentives and innovative solutions. We also need to ensure our workforce is educated in the new high tech, bio tech and engineering jobs of the future. We will only attract and keep businesses in Nevada if we invest in improved K-12 and higher education."
- Educating A 21st Century Workforce: "...We must fund education so that teachers have the resources in the classroom and students have ever opportunity to excel. By investing in better schools, we will attract companies to invest in creating jobs in Nevada."
- Energy Independence and Conservation: "...The economic benefits of protected lands can not be overlooked and we need to make sure we invest in promoting our Nevada public lands as tourist destinations. I also believe in harnessing the natural resources we enjoy in Nevada--solar, geothermal, wind. These can be great job creators, not just to construct and run the plants, but also in the manufacturing of equipment such as solar panels and wind turbines. We need to cut the red tape that stifles renewable energy development and work to create a comprehensive plan for the state that identifies locations suitable for renewable energy projects and then puts them on the fast track"
- See also: Nevada State Senate elections, 2012
Jones ran in the 2012 election for Nevada State Senate, District 9. Jones defeated Frederick L. Conquest in the June 12 primary election and defeated Mari Nakashima St. Martin (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Nevada State Senate, District 9, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Mari Nakashima St. Martin||49.7%||21,548|
|Nevada State Senate, District 9 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Justin C. Jones||82.5%||1,605|
|Frederick L. Conquest||17.5%||340|
Comprehensive donor information for Jones is available dating back to 2004. Based on available campaign finance records, Jones raised a total of $538,922 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 14, 2013.
|Justin Jones's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Nevada State Senate, District 9||$361,117|
|2004||Nevada State Assembly, District 13||$177,805|
|Grand Total Raised||$538,922|
Jones won election to the Nevada State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Jones raised a total of $361,117.
|Nevada State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Justin Jones's campaign in 2012|
|Nevada Hispanic Leadership Fund||$10,000|
|Committee To Elect Mo Denis||$10,000|
|Debbie Smith Campaign||$10,000|
|Buckskin Mountain PAC||$10,000|
|Sunrise Leadership Fund||$10,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$361,117|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Jones lost the election to the Nevada State Assembly in 2004. During that election cycle, Jones raised a total of $177,805.
|Nevada State Assembly 2004 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Justin Jones's campaign in 2004|
|Nevada State AFL-CIO||$7,823|
|American Nevada Co.||$7,000|
|Mandalay Resort Group||$6,200|
|Total Raised in 2004||$177,805|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Justin + Jones + Nevada + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Gabby Giffords' husband speaks in Nevada on to urge gun background checks ... - Reno Gazette-Journal
- Nevada gun background checks bill clears Senate Finance - Las Vegas Review-Journal
- Committee considers universal background checks - Nevada Appeal
- Nevada tax battle takes shape: Businesses to spend $5M or more against ... - Reno Gazette Journal
- Magpul offers super hi-capacity magazines for sale ahead of state ban - Daily Caller
- AT&T to allow presidential alerts to your phone that you can't turn off - Daily Caller
- Federal government has new group in its sights - Daily Caller
- 'Snowden is not the problem' Palin says - Daily Caller
- 7 conservative message t-shirts that are actually cool - Daily Caller
- On the News With Thom Hartmann: Sen. Bernie Sanders Introduced the ... - Truth-Out
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ Friends for Justin Jones, "Values," retrieved October 19, 2012.
- ↑ Nevada Secretary of State - 2012 Primary candidates
- ↑ Clark County - 2012 Primary candidates
- ↑ Washoe County - 2012 Primary candidates
- ↑ Nevada Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ Follow the Money, "Jones, Justin." Retrieved June 14, 2013.
Elizabeth Halseth (R)
|Nevada State Senate District 9
| Succeeded by|