|West Virginia House of Delegates District 20|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$131/day during session|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Appointed||January 16, 2012|
|J.D.||Appalachian School of Law|
Marcum earned his J.D. from Appalachian School of Law in 2011.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Marcum served on the following committees:
|West Virginia Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Roads and Transportation|
|• Political Subdivisions|
|• Rule-Making Review, Vice Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Marcum served on these committees:
|West Virginia Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Political Subdivisions|
Elections for the office of West Virginia House of Delegates will consist of a primary election on May 13, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 25, 2014.n Incumbent Justin Marcum will face Michael Baisden in the Democratic primary. Russell Deskins is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Marcum ran for re-election in the 2012 election for West Virginia House of Delegates, District 20. Marcum defeated Nathan Brown and Marvin Vernatter in the May 8 primary election. He defeated Mike Baisden in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 20, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Justin Marcum Incumbent||68.4%||4,013|
|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 20 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Justin J. Marcum Incumbent||58.4%||2,655|
Comprehensive donor information for Marcum is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Marcum raised a total of $43,272 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 26, 2013.
|Justin Marcum's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||West Virginia State House, District 20||$43,272|
|Grand Total Raised||$43,272|
2012Marcum won election to the West Virginia House of Delegates in 2012. During that election cycle, Marcum raised a total of $43,272.
|West Virginia House of Delegates 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Justin Marcum's campaign in 2012|
|Marcum, Justin J||$3,286|
|West Virginia AFL-CIO||$2,000|
|International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers||$2,000|
|American Federation of Teachers||$2,000|
|American Electric Power||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$43,272|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Justin + Marcum + West + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office Website - West Virginia House of Delegates
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Justin Marcum on Facebook
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- statejournal.com "Tomblin appoints Marcum as Kominar replacement," Jan 16, 2012
- WBOY.com "West Virginia General Election Results November 6, 2012" Accessed November 7, 2012
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - General Election - November 6, 2012," accessed February 12, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - Primary Election - May 8, 2012," accessed February 12, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Marcum, Justin J," accessed July 26, 2013
State of West Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Schools | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |