Kansas elections, 2013
Kansas election information for 2013 is listed below.
|On the 2013 ballot|
Exceptions include special elections.
Find current election news and links here.
Voting in Kansas
- See also: Voting in Kansas
Important voting information
- Kansas has a mixed primary system. In the Democratic caucus, Independent voters can register as Democrats on caucus day. For Republicans it is a closed caucus.
- Voters must register at least 21 days prior to election day.
- As of January 2015, Kansas is one of the 20 states that have implemented full online voter registration. Residents can register online at this website.
- See also: Absentee voting by state
For information about eligibility, deadlines, military and overseas voting and updates to the voting laws in Kansas, please visit our absentee voting by state page.
- See also: Early voting
Kansas is one of 34 states that has early voting with no specific requirements as to who can vote early. Early voting can begin as early as 20 days before an election. Ballots must be received by close of polls on Election Day. The nationwide average number of days prior to an election that voters can cast an early ballot is 21 days in states with a definitive starting date.
Elections Performance Index
Kansas ranked 27th out of the 50 states and District of Columbia in the Pew Charitable Trusts' Elections Performance Index (EPI), based on the 2012 elections. The EPI examines election administration performance and assigns an average percentage score based on 17 indicators of election performance. These indicators were chosen in order to determine both the convenience and integrity of these three phases of an election: registration, voting and counting. Kansas received an overall score of 64 percent.
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |