Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Wyoming Public Service Commission|
|March 2013 - Present|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||February 7, 2013|
|Appointed by||Gov. Matt Mead|
|High school||Kimball High School|
|Bachelor's||University of Wyoming (1993)|
|J.D.||University of Nebraska College of Law (1996)|
|Place of birth||Wheatland, Wyoming|
An attorney by trade, Brighton was serving as a partner at Hageman & Brighton when she was named to the WPSC in early 2013. She serves on the Board of Advisors for the University of Wyoming College of Agriculture and Natural Resources and has previously worked for the Wyoming Attorney General.
- Bachelor's degree, University of Wyoming, 1993
- J.D., University of Nebraska College of Law, 1996
Wyoming Public Service Commission (2013-present)
Brighton was appointed to the Wyoming Public Service Commission by Gov. Matt Mead on February 7, 2013. The state Senate initially rejected the nomination on February 26, 2013, but reconsidered, approving of Brighton the next day. Sen. Cale Case (R) had called for the chamber to reject Brighton, as well as Bill Russell, on the grounds that they are both attorneys and only attorneys have been named to the commission since 2005.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Kara + Brighton + Wyoming"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wyoming Public Service Commission
- Commissioner biographies
- Profile on Hageman & Brighton, P.C. (dead link)
- Kara Brighton on LinkedIn
- Wyoming business report, "Public Service Commission adds Brighton," February 7, 2013
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Casper Star Tribune, "Wyoming Senate OKs Gov. Mead's appointments to Public Service Commission," February 27, 2013
|Wyoming Public Service Commission
| Succeeded by|