|U.S. House, Florida, District 23|
|Profession||Small business owner|
Karen Harrington was a 2012 Republican candidate who sought election to the U.S. House to represent the 23rd Congressional District of Florida. Harrington won the nomination in the Republican primary on August 14, 2012 but was defeated by incumbent Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
Harrington is a small business owner. She has been running a family restaurant with her sister for the last 30 years.
- Fiscal Responsibility and Deficit Reduction
- National Security
- Tax Reform
Harrington was defeated by incumbent Debbie Wasserman Schultz in the general election on November 6, 2012. She ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Florida's 23rd District. The signature filing deadline was June 8, 2012, with the primary taking place on August 14, 2012. Incumbent Debbie Wasserman Schultz sought re-election on the Democratic ticket. Harrington won the nomination in the Republican primary on August 14, 2012.
|U.S. House, Florida District 23 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Debbie Wasserman Schultz Incumbent||63.2%||174,205|
|Source: Florida Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House, Florida District 23, 2012 - Karen Harrington Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$3,629,324|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$3,520,042|
|Top contributors to Karen Harrington's campaign committee|
|Western Representation PAC||$10,000|
|National Pain Institute||$6,000|
|Ace Flood Inspections||$5,150|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Food & Beverage||$23,350|
Harrington and her husband Glenn have three children, sons Ryan and Kyle and daughter Ashley, who is also married and has two children of her own.
- Campaign Website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Karen for Congress YouTube Account
- Karen Harrington LinkedIn Page
- Karen for Congress Facebook Page
- Karen Harrinton's Twitter Account
- AP Results, "U.S. House Results," accessed August 14, 2012
- Karen for Congress About Karen" accessed August 6, 2012
- Politico, "2012 Election Map, Florida"
- The Plantation Journal, "Karen Harrington Rematch Against Debbie Wasserman Schultz" accessed December 3, 2011
- OpenSecrets, "2012 Election" accessed March 21, 2013
- Karen Harrington for Congress, "About Karen" accessed December 26, 2011
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |