Karen K. Herman
|Karen K. Herman|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Orleans Parish Judicial District, Louisiana|
|Past position:||Attorney, Herman, Herman, Katz and Cotlar, LLP|
|Undergraduate:||Emory University, 1991|
|Law School:||Tulane University School of Law, 1994|
|Candidate for:||Orleans Parish Judicial District|
|Position:||Criminal Section I|
|Election information 2014:|
Karen K. Herman is a judge for the Orleans Parish Criminal Court, Section I, in Orleans Parish, Louisiana. She was elected to this position on October 4, 2008. She was re-elected in 2014 for a term beginning on January 1, 2015, and expiring on December 31, 2020.
- See also: Louisiana judicial elections, 2014
| Herman ran for re-election to the Orleans Parish Criminal Court.
As an unopposed candidate, she was automatically elected without appearing on the ballot.
Herman began her career in 1991 as a law clerk in the Orleans Parish District Attorney's office. She worked in that capacity until 1994 but continued to work there as a prosecutor until 1999, when she left to raise a family. From 2004 through 2007, she practiced commercial litigation with law firm Herman, Herman, Katz and Cotlar, LLP. She served as the executive director for Court Watch NOLA (a watchdog organization she helped create that sends volunteers into courtrooms to monitor cases) prior to her judicial election in the fall of 2008.
- Louisiana Secretary of State, "Official Election Results: Orleans," October 4, 2008
- Louisiana Secretary of State, "Elected Officials," accessed December 8, 2014 (Select "By Parish" and "ORLEANS")
- Judgepedia.org, “Judicial selection in Louisiana,” accessed December 8, 2014
- Louisiana Secretary of State, "November 4, 2014 General Election Candidates," accessed August 25, 2014
- Karen Herman campaign website, "About," accessed December 9, 2014
- NOLA.com: The Times-Picayune, "Judgeship race pits four for Section I seat on Orleans Parish Criminal District Court," September 18, 2008