|Illinois State Senate District 33|
|2013 - Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Birthday||March 1, 1957|
|Profession||Chairman, Kane County Board|
McConnaughay serves as Chairman of the Kane County Board. She was first elected to this position in 2004, with her current term expiring on November 30, 2012.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, McConnaughay served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations II|
|• Committee of the Whole|
|• Financial Institutions|
|• Public Pensions & State Investments|
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
McConnaughay won election in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 33. McConnaughay defeated Cliff Surges in the Republican primary on March 20, 2012 and was unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 33, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Karen McConnaughay Incumbent||100%||69,573|
|Illinois State Senate Republican Primary, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
McConnaughay moved to the Fox Valley in 1979. She has three children and currently lives in St. Charles with her husband, John.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Karen + McConnaughay + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Illinois Senate approves medical marijuana bill - Northwest Herald
- Bipartisan vote by Illinois Senate calls on Congress to overturn 'Citizens United' - The Rock River Times
- Kane Mayors, Managers, Aldermen Meet with Lawmakers on Local Impacts of ... - Patch.com
- State lawmakers OK medical marijuana; legislation heads to governor - Kane County Chronicle
- Our View: Improved disclosure proposal a positive - Northwest Herald
- Batavia School Superintendent Urges Parents to Lobby for Moratorium on Virtual ... - Patch.com
- Senate OKs huge gambling expansion plan - Chicago Daily Herald
- Our View: Putting Illinois in the fast lane - Northwest Herald
- Bipartisan Coalition Calls for Campaign Finance Limits - Patch.com
- Is it time to cap Metra fare hikes? - Chicago Daily Herald
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Karen McConnaughay for State Senate Facebook page
- Biography on Kane County Board website
- ↑ Kane County, Illinois, "County Board Chairman," accessed January 10, 2012
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- ↑ Illinois Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed December 31, 2012
- ↑ McConnaughay for Senate, "About," accessed January 10, 2012
Dan Kotowski (D)
|Illinois Senate District 33
| Succeeded by|