Arizona House of Representatives, District 4
Guerrero ran in the 2010 election for Arizona House of Representatives District 4. Guerrero was defeated by Judy Burges and Jack Harper in the general election which took place on November 2. Guerrero was unopposed in the Democratic primary election on August 24, 2010.
|Arizona House of Representatives, District 4 General Election (2010)|
|Judy Burges (R)||60,124|
|Jack Harper (R)||56,422|
|Karina Guerrero (D)||32,134|
Guerrero earned her B.A. in Political Science and Elementary Education from Rider University. She then attended Arizona State University for Industrial Design. She has also graduated from the Arizona School of Real Estate & Business. Guerrero later received a B.S. in Business Management from the University of Phoenix. She is currently attempting to gain her Master's in Management/Public Administration. Guerrero was the owner and manager of Estate Management from 1995 to 2010. She also worked as an education financial advisor from 2006 to 2008. She is currently employed as owner and president of Kamantra Inc. She has worked in this position since late 2009. Guerrero currently serves on the Wickenberg Chamber of Commerce. She also serves on the Legislative Committee of District 4. She is the Chair of the Hispanic Outreach Program as well. Guerrero and her husband, Travis Makela, have four children.
- Arizona Secretary of State, 2010 Primary Election - Full Listing, August 4, 2010
- Arizona Secretary of State, November 2, 2010 General Election, November 23, 2010
- Arizona Secretary of State, August 24, 2010 Primary Election, September 10, 2009
- Project Vote Smart, "Karina Guerrero's Biography," accessed December 5, 2013
- Karina Guerrero's campaign website